Thursday, October 15, 2009

Post-Quiz

That was one of the easiest things I have done in that class for a while. Huzzah. Everything was on the powerpoint handouts. Everything. Easy as pie.

So, on the bus this morning, this guy in sweats and a hoodie comes and sits next to me. nothing out of the ordinary, right? About five minutes later, I look over at him, and he's got jeans on. What? I guess he wore sweatpants over them to protect himself from the rain...but still. It was kinda weird. I just can't imagine toting around one more bulky item, anyway. Not with the load I already carry.

I took two huge books to the open-book quiz today that I didn't even have to use. Booo.

Oh, the snow'sa comin' down. I already finished my coffee, which is too bad, since I would like to drink it now that I'm relaxed. Ah well.

Ok...a bunch of St. Paul firefighters just strolled past me. I thought I heard truck sirens outside, but didn't think anything of it...odd. And they were just...strolling.

Alright. Now I have to tell you about my yesterday.

I was planning on getting a ton done, which, I got some stuff done, but not nearly enough as I had planned. But, instead, I got to see several people I love, so that totally overruled my homework lifestyle.

First, I walked to my one class in through the chilly, gloomy fall atmosphere in my snuggly plaid vest, clutching a mug of hot chocolate on the way to class. I don't even care what the class was about. I just know that I enjoyed my personal bubble during it.

After returning to my dorm and showering, my sister came by and picked me up so we could go to some craft stores to find a hole punch I needed for Color. unfortunately, after visiting three places in Roseville, they were all out. But who cares. I got to see my favorite sibling. We went to Eddington's for lunch, which was perfect, then stopped by Everyday People, a consignment shop in St. Paul so she could find an outfit for senior pictures. It was quite nice.

When Carla dropped me back off at the St. Paul campus, I went to the computer lab to scan some stuffs. Whatever. On my way to the bus stop, Abby Zilka calls me. Apparently, she had gotten done with a test early, and had about 45 minutes to kill before picking up her brother at YEAH. So, she came and met me in the Student Center, and we talked for a while, which was just wonderful.

And on our way out, the best best thing happened. We ran into Celery Fancy-Pants Sam.

For those of you who do not know Celery Fancy-Pants Sam, he is the head tech guy for the Student Center theatre that both of use worked with during our old theatre productions here. Sam is a quirky man, sort of a bumbling fellow, and just downright funny. I wondered when I would ever run into him, and of all times, I see him when I'm with another CB Productions aficionado. We were just walking, when Abby exclaimed "There's Sam!" We went up to him and said hi, and he looked quite taken aback. He told us, in his stuttering way, that he was the same as usual, and then had to dash off to catch his bus. Abby and I walked away stifling laughter at the joy of our discovery. It was just silly.

As for the Celery Fancy-Pants part of his name, well, that's a nice inside joke. Ha.

Ahh. I have and hour to just chill before my next class. I feel like I should try and do something productive. Whoopee.


People who unashamedly have dance parties in the elevator are mildly amusing. I was carrying my laundry up last night, and this group got on and decided to have a dance part every time the elevator door shut. It was very interesting. Especially their vocal attempts at club-style music.

Oh, music. I miss it. I miss playing it with other people. Just playing alone is not sufficient for a bassist. No, sirree. Where are my crazy jazz people??


I tink I'm going to try and slave away at some design homework. Hurrah.


Later.

0 comments:

Post a Comment