Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Pause. Drink Juice.

I am sitting here in the consumption of food room drinking orange juice. It's not the best of orange juices, as it is only Minute Maid. But, it's better than Coke, for multiple reasons.

Do you ever have those days where you feel like an incurable klutz? I feel like I verge on that most days of my life, especially those days that require me to become a beast of burden. Bungling and awkward.

It's nice to know I'm not the only klutz about, though. I may have mentioned this earlier, but I watched a lady last week on her cell phone and wearing big heely boots nearly wipe out on the sidewalk stairs. I was just walking up, minding my own business, when I look up to see her grab the handrail, take a step down, and let out a huge vocalization. Her eyes were nearly exiting her skull, and I inquired after her state of personal security. "Yyeah...I'm fine," she breathed, then muttered something about how her boots were a pain and flskdjpmlksg. Whatever.

Then this girl today in my studio class kept routinely tripping over her stuff for at least 3 times, and running into people and just being in the wrong place at the wrong time. A loud affair, let me tell you. It was humorous, irritating, and sympathy-inducing all at the same time. Klutzyness is funny, but it was super loud in that pin-dropping room. But, I've been there before, where your mind is just blundering about in the dark, and your physical being is mirroring your skewed consciousness.


I watched Julia Child the other day. A nice background commotion to enjoy while drafting.

Oh, and yesterday, I watched one of the all saddest cartoons for children: All Dogs Go to Heaven. It wasn't sad now, but I remember it being so when I was small. And it was scary. All '80s cartoon have a certain style that is downright spooky. Like the Secret of NIMH. That kind of scary.


That's about it. I should go get me a pleasant snack to consume before my not - so - fun - but - funner - than - my - studio - class - color - class.


Right-o.


A guy in a booth near my giggling with these two girls about something or other, in his really really high voice. And he's making zzizzing noises...?




Aight.



Peas haute.



Song of the Day: Track You Down, by Sondre Lerche

0 comments:

Post a Comment