But, now that move-in had come and gone, and I'm starting to realize that I will not be going home to my normal bed and headquarters every night, I am coping a'ight. I'll be seein' the fam around, so that is not a worry. Whee.
I think what finally confirmed I can fairly comfortably live in this place is that my shower is WONDERFUL. Not just because I was the nastiest thing to be cleaned up since Chernobyl today, but it's like a nice hotel. Big and clean and well-lit. I felt like the cleanest thing ever when I stepped out at 1 AM this night. It was like I was the eighth wonder of the world, I think.
I am not going to bore you or myself with the many long events of this day, except these:
-my design college made a huge mess of yarn...like huger than you even know.
-I found a beautiful building on campus on a tour, called The Mcnamara Alumni Building. It's pristine.
-The new stadium for my university was pretty much just christened by my freshman class. The school hasn't had one since the early nineties, and a football team hasn't played on the campus sine the late eighties. It's huge, and has very nice itchy turf. I know because we all got to walk around on it for a huge freshman class picture this evening. A definite plus. It seats about 80,000 people, and too about 228 million dead presidents to build.
So, that's about all I have to report. Well, lots more happened, I supposed, but it's in your best interest that I do not interest you in something that might not be interesting. Go figure.
Well, my wonderful roomie Rachel has made the return journey from brushing her dental features, and it's time for us to hit the sack. The welcome week thing is very oppressive, and we need sleep like nobody's business.
Peace love and pretzels and honey.
0 comments:
Post a Comment