Saturday, September 12, 2009

There's a fine line between falling and flying.

As my wise and all-knowning chum Beth Jones puts it, there is no sexy way to eat Ramen noodles. I am discovering this right about now. The ability to hold your head high and consume cheap pasta is not in my job description. And it's ok. I'm alone.

I have found that it takes skill to be able to enjoy alone time. And not just enjoy it, but to make use of it while still enjoying it. I am attempting to absorb my social geography homework right about now, and I am straining every inch of my abilities to attempt and take joy in it. Yet all the terms are so high-falutin' and intellectual, that I am drowning in the grammatical prowess versus the wealth of information. Bah. I think it'll clear up, though. I usually find geography fascinating.

I think I need a good thunderstorm. Perhaps that is selfish, just wanting a thunderstorm for me, but I'm not opposed to sharing. I think everyone's allergies around here are exploding. I know mine do every morning. Hot dog, it's miserable.

I think storms are God's way of reminding us that He is exciting. He probably has a storm calendar, or something, and counts down the days until He can have another go at it. I like to sit at the window and just chat with Him as a storm is going on, and comment on each boom, and tell Him He's doing a nice job tonight. We really enjoy it. I think it's one of His favorite pastimes, too. I know if I had the ability to make things shake and flash and cause people to tremble in their trousers, I'd be having a wonderous time. Stormy weather is snuggly weather, too. Dogs, blankets, and billowy furniture pieces are all worthwhile things to sidle up against when the weather gets exciting.

I could sit around and watch the weather all day in Minnesota. It's like a fluid dance, or something. And it's free. And when you're in college, you automatically like free.

Well, since I have no excuse to go watch the sunny weather right now, because it's like intermission or something, I think I will have another go at this geography material. And my embarrassing Ramen.

Wow, a huge chorus of emergency vehicle sirens just foxtrotted past my window in a very hyper fashion. I hope whatever they're up to gets resolved in good time. I tend to hear a lot of those around this joint. Hm. There have been enough shootings and robberies and such around here lately that you always wonder what is going to happen next. Definitely not the most brilliant of local events.

Alright. I am feeling departure is necessary.

Enjoy another nice day of your life. It's a beautiful day.


Song of the Day (aka where I got the title from)- That Man Jumped Out the Window by Cloud Cult

0 comments:

Post a Comment