Alright, first class done and done. Time for an observational update.
This school of mine is going crazy.
Here's my beef (or pork, if you want to get punny) of the day: H1N1.
I am sitting in the atrium of the design building, and when I look up on the wall in front of me, there are huge red number posters reading "361464 people in the world who have been infected with with H1N1." On every door of every room and bathroom, there is a sticker that says "H1N1 above the possibly contaminated doorknob. Flying pigs are hanging from the ceiling, wearing sunglasses, stating that H1N1 is the new style.

I think workers at the APHA are having much too much fun with this outbreak thing.
Oh my goodness. So a group of people is gathered around one of the posters, and someone is explaining its design. I guess all this propaganda is a design project for some class.
Well, they're annoying. I get it, ok? We're in the largest school in the country, population-wise, and disease can spread like wildfire. Yes. H1N1 is no fun. Some people die.
But a lot more some-peoples die of the normal flu every year.
I am not intimidated by their well-designed paraphernalia. I will take my normal let's-try-and-stay-healthy precautions, but I am not about to wear one of those pink face masks they are hanging on doorknobs around here with a pig snout on it.
NOPE.
Anyways, I am eating this fantastic cinnamon crunch bagel of deliciousness. Munch munch munch.
Ah, but the girl sitting a few feet away from me just pulled an enticing blueberry muffin out of a paper bag, and is ravenously consuming it. Muffinpwn.
Now she's eating strawberries. I'm green.
Today I noticed again how one of my design professors is calling us interior students Sherpas. I thought that was pretty true, because are carrying sooo much junk around. If you don't know what a Sherpa is, they're the Tibetan people who carry people's crap up Mount Everest for them. Story of my current lifestyle.
Eh, time to people watch. And class time. Over and out.
Song of the Day: E Minor by Other Lives
0 comments:
Post a Comment