So, I am therefore going to skip ahead to now. No more Welcome Week. Now it's time to buckle down every buckle you can buckle and jumpstart your tugboat of life. It's ok.
These are the more important things to me right now. The little things. The things that keep me joyful and quite pleased to be alive.
I was riding the university bus yesterday when this guy got on and sat next to me. He had is earbuds in, and was mumbling along to some tune rattling around between his ears. Nothing too unusual. We rode past a couple of stops, and I was trying not to focus on the fact that my body was yelling for more blissful unconciousness, when the guy starts emphatically mumbling in sign language. I'm actually not sure if that is possible, but if you have gimpy hands it might be. It looked very awkward. He was obviously not deaf, and obviously enjoying his happy place. I like talking and singing to myself, too, I guess, so I won't judge.
Which brings up the question in my mind: Do ASL speakers sign to themselves?
I also saw this guy yesterday who really needed to re-think his pants. That's all you need to know.
I have discovered one of my favorite people on campus. His name is Headless Gentleman. Right by the mall, there is a curb with a sticker on it of a man in a dapper lime green suit. He is missing a decent part of his upper half, but that is not a good excuse not to wave at him anyway.
I also observed an unnaturally large gathering of Sousaphones outside of the arena yesterday.
And the other day I almost ran into a lady carrying a substantial plastic cup of baby carrots.
And today, I met Jazzman. He's actually, now that I think about it, my favorite soul thus far. Jazzman is a jolly bus driver who blasts classic jazz all through your bus ride, and makes sure to yell a happy PEACE OUT at you when you leave. I shook his has as I stepped out of the vehicle, and told him it made my day to be able to commute to jazz music again. I miss that.
So now I am sitting outside the design building in St. Paul, just waiting here in land of wild beasts for my her to come in a golden chariot and sweep me away into the Happily Ever After. This is also known as I-am-sitting-on-a-park-bench-getting-dive-bombed-by-monarch-butterflies-waiting-for-my-sister-to-arrive-in-our-red-1996-Mercury-Sable-and-take-me-to-Maple-Grove-Minnesota-55311.
I am hungry.
Now a large winged creature has come to look at the fruit on my lap. This is also known as Hornet Checks Out Apple Computer. I don't appreciate his curiosity.
My computing device is on the verge of croaking, so I think this is the end.
Oh. but let me share my favorite painting as of now. It's locating in the MIA, and I'm doing a graph rendering project on it. Tasty colors, it has.

Audios.
Song of the Day: Training Wheels by Cloud Cult
0 comments:
Post a Comment