Monday, August 31, 2009

Back from the dead. Let me shake the dirt off my brain.

So, I realize that I haven't posted anything for five months to the day. A lot has happened since then. I got launched out of high school, had a graduation fiesta, I played my annual game of golf, my wisdom teeth are gone, Michael Jackson died, and now I am going to college in three days. My great friend Beth started blogging again, and I thought that was a good idea. I won't bore anybody with lengthy catch-you-up-date details, because, frankly, I don't know if I even want to re-evaluate my life since March 30th. It's just all been nice.

I really wish it would storm. But, because the last day of August is upon me, I am not going to hope too hard. Minnesota weather does not grant wishes easily, and that is just too bad.

I decided about seven weeks ago that when I have my own house someday, I am going to put golf course green turf down on my lawn. It's not practical at all, but feels very nice on one's toes. And is very ideal for picnics.

I am going to have to pause for a few seconds to take in the glorious sounds of my summer theme song blaring from the radio.
This being
it.
I highly recommend blaring this from your car radio in typical summertime fashion, and wait for the bass to roll over your head. You'll see.

Last night, while my dad and I were working on a project in the garage, I stumbled upon a treasure in the workroom: my great-great grandfather's level. It looks like something from an old shipyard. I put it on my bookshelf.


I realize I am not stating anything deep and profound right now, and i think that is due to:

1. I slept a lot today, and that makes one very groggy
2. My summer theme song is still playing, and I have to take it in.
3. I have not made time to stew over deep thoughts recently. I feel as if college will stir up some controversial and conversational thoughts, though. Two days left until that.

So, bear with me.

I leave now to go get a nice dose of current events from a very reliable source.

(Why don't you?)

Deep thoughts will be drifting in later.

0 comments:

Post a Comment