Well, looks like I've avoided this again for a week. Not sure why, as I have been thinking about it, but time is scarce. And so is motivation.
Since last Tuesday, things have happened. A lot of things. First off, Lucie, Leslie, and myself, trekked over to Ben & Jerry's for some free ice cream. It was fantastic out. I felt like I was on vacation, with the warm evening sun, crowds of people, loud music, ice cream, and chums. Ahh.
The weather lately has been PRIME. It's 70 degrees out right now.
Mom came to visit me on Friday, and we hung out and walked about. She brought good news, too! We've decided on what puppy we're getting!

This is Linus Sherman, a little malamute from Ohio. He's flying in on April 19th.
Oh. Man. We're excited.
GAAH!
So, yes. She brought good news. And new clothing. Thanks, mom.
On Saturday I had to get up at 8 AM to draw some nude model at 9. Oh joy. This naked business is getting on my nerves. Sure, I'm learning. But I'd rather learn with more than flesh in front of me. Eh.
But as I was drawing, I indulged in looking down at my iPod and watching this video.
It is relaxing, though, to get up in the morning, and the first thing you must do is art. Not a bad deal, I guess. Doesn't take a lot of academic brain cell usage.
The rest of the weekend was rather uneventful, and that is ok.
My oral exam partner and I basically butchered the French language on Monday, which ended up being absolutely hilarious. We almost died of laugher afterwards. If you had been allowed to witness this exam, you would see to harrowed beings exclaiming in French "Hello! What's you're name?! I'm Heather! Are you ok today?! Yes! What is your hometown like?! What are you doing next weekend?! Where is the post office?!" and so on. It was frantically funny. We were sorta prepared, but once we got into that room....voomp. All my knowledge just left.
Golly gee.
I calmed down enough later to trek over to the mall with Leslie, Rachel, and Lucie to soak up the last rays of sunlight before dinner. It was so pleasant that after French yesterday, I got myself some Jamba Juice, and lay in the warm sun in the grass, with the strong wind off the river blowing in my face. Bliss, I tell you. I was having of a nonsensically rough day, so that was just what I needed. Me, and several hundred other people. Everyone takes communal naps in the mall now.

(this is apparently on a not-so-crowded day...it was absolutely swarming with students yesterday)
So, I have taken to riding the bus very little now that the weather has improved. I love strolling over the river with the wind in my hair. I can't even bring myself to wear headphones because I need to just soak in the spring air around me. I got dive-bombed by a butterfly the other day, and the birds have been singing up a storm. Geese are chillin' on the Bohemian Flats down by the river, and seagull have been soaring over the bridge.
Yes, the Bohemian Flats. Lucie and I went down there the other day, and as she climbed the hill to explore under the shoe tree, I read the signs in the park to learn about the area. Turns out, the big, flat expanses below the bridge used to be a neighborhood back in the late 1800's-the early 1900's. Ethnicities such as Danish, Finnish, Slavic, Polish, and whatever else moved in down there. Each year when the river flooded, homes floated downstream, and one family just kept on eating and sleeping and living as they drifted off (apparently the homes had no foundations....go figure).
But the city finally said they wanted the land for the shipping industry, so over 50 foreclosure notices popped up. by 1939, the town was basically gone. The only thing left was the wooden stairs that went up to the West Bank, and those were demolished in 2001.
Sad.
Today as I came back from class, I heard a lot of sirens, and saw droves of people at the end of the bridge. Apparently there was a bike accident, whether one or 2 people, I don't know, but one of the guys was on the ground, having a major seizure that lasted a long, long time. There were about 8 officers and firemen, and eventually the paramedics showed up. I was glad that a hospital is right next to my dorm, so he didn't have far to go once they got him in the ambulance. I hope he's ok.
Well, I think I've blabbed long enough. I am tired. Nap time. Meeting time. Stupid class time. Homework time.
Bah.
Audios.
Song of the Week
Cloud Nine by Ben Howard
0 comments:
Post a Comment