Monday, March 1, 2010

My brain hurts.

French homework is not an easy study. Just know this.

It is even harder to study when you have a headache, that is probably from dehydration, and that you are trying your darndest to cure, but it still bites at your skull. Yuck.

The only current cure I can come up with is eating a homemade cookie. And I think it is working.


It got up to about 40 degrees here today, which is a golden gem of a moment when you live on the tundra.

Speaking of which, I really have this little itch to go to Iceland. Not because of Sigur Rós, not because they have one of the highest age expectancies, but for that tundra. Wide open spaces of cold. If it's going to be cold, it should at least look right. Being in the city when it is cold is a pain. There are places around you that are filled with warmth, but your schedule will not allow you to enter. When you surrounded by cold and openness, you have nothing to taunt you, and you become immersed in it. And I think Iceland would be a good place for that.

I have been doing excessive cleaning lately. Partially because Rachel has been super super busy, so I do the dishes and such. I really don't mind, but it's very surprising to me. I throughly picked up my dorm room about 5 times last week. And I have an urge to clean right now, except there are 4 other people in this room. Meh.

I need to laundricise, too.

Do you ever have those days when, you all of a sudden realize you have a very goodly amount of independence? This happens to us college students a lot. I find myself walking along to class, and the the though comes flying through my mind that no one is making me do this. If I skipped, the one who would care the most in the end would be me. And you get that slight urge to test your freedom, but something stronger says NOPE THAT WOULD MAKE YOU FEEL LIKE A DOPE IN THE END. And the voice shuts up. But it's always a bit humorous when that happens. I enjoy being a little unit of productivity; having everything I need to get through a period of time in my backpack, knowing where to go, and having the freedom to manipulate my day how I wish.

Now, this can also backfire, and you can become the most self-centered being around. It's true. Everything, and I mean everything, focuses on you when you're in college. Now, that can be changed, but I am realizing that is hard to do this first year. If you say you have something going on, people respect that, because no one can predict another's schedule.

This could be also a problem if someone legitimately goes missing, and if their friends don't somewhat know their schedule, it could be a case of we-didn't-notice-and-figured-they-just-had-something-going-on.

That's why I find it very important to let people know where I will generally be at at a certain time, without fully bombarding them with my busy little schedule.


So, yes. I have been pondering this as of late.




My head still hurts.



Song of the Moment According to iTunes Shuffling:

Litany to the Spirit by Phil Keaggy

0 comments:

Post a Comment