snow dying
river running
people basking
birds talking
bikes zipping
grass thriving
flowers coming
brains farting.
I cannot concentrate at all today, and I have a paper to conjure up before the morrow.
But I will not worry myself over this, because today is beautiful.
I just went on a walk in a pair of old shoes I found. I like walks. We (this being myself and the shoes) walked across the West Bank, over the bridge, around the mall past Northrop, and back.
It was bliss in its cheapest form.
Walking without headphones in makes one's world a lot bigger. This might seem like an obvious statement, but I rarely have them out of my ears when I walk. This is because, when you're going to class, you have to get yourself in the zone, and enjoy being your own little academically-focused unit, while still retaining your sanity.
But today, even though things are a bit pressing, they should never be so suffocating that one cannot step outside and have all their cares ripped off their shoulders for a time.
And that was this afternoon.
The river has had a very decent amount foam in it this week, and I don't know why that is. But it looks rather like a root beer float.
Walking along the bridge burdenless was weird. I mean, even having my backpack on without a coat today was weird. But carrying absolutely nothing feels weirder. And very freeing. I felt like I was on vacation, due to the sights and smells of the day.
The mall was a real treat. It feels absolutely weird to all of a sudden see it filled with people. It's like a chunk of my life is missing, because when I left for break, the snow was still hanging around, and now that I'm back, spring is oozing through the cracks. I feel like I missed something.
One thing is for sure--I am not going to miss Ben & Jerry's Free Cone Day today. Yes. You know you have jealousy, you non-U go-ers.
I strolled around the perimeter of the mall, passing study groups, couples snoozing, people playing frisbee and eating apples at the same time. The guy who reads the Bible from the top of a ladder was there as well. A girl with huge gold headphones on was reading Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire under a tree. Michael Negus Gould III, the mall preacher, was there as well,reading about Jesus and Ananias from the top of his orange step ladder.Some hurried girl voop-vooped past in her brown corduroy pants, apparently getting somewhere kinda late. Person after person filed past with their Jamba Juice.
And I got blisters on my heels from those darn shoes. Insole time.
So, now I am back in the dorm with Leslie and Rachel, about to start my paper.
Rachel is reading about Nero, and informing us upon interval about his pervertedness, while repeatedly smacking her head.
"The guy was like a little rockstar, the jerk," she sniffs, after describing how he made people in his court clap in different ways when he would sing. Apparently he had no gift for singing, but insisted upon doing it, and also wouldn't let people leave the room until he was done.
"I doubt that anybody could possibly do more horrible things than Nero did. I really doubt it... I am DONE with Nero!...I have to read another ten pages of this guy?? KKkkrrrshshsh!"
He was quite the nasty man, I guess.Apparently he kicked his wife to the death.
"That was his second wife. He divorced his first wife, then killed her. And a girl who wouldn't marry him, he had her executed."
I named a fish Nero once. He's dead.
Well, I am going to go tend to my sad feet, and write this foolish paper before it gets too late.
Merry day to you.
Audios.
Song of the Week:
Watching the Planets by The Flaming Lips
0 comments:
Post a Comment