Tuesday, March 2, 2010

And now, I die.


I am sitting here in my French class, waiting for my exam to start. An exam, that, I am sure I am not prepared for. But I decided I would do something I enjoy the last few minutes, because that is supposed to help you concentrate.


It was so gorgeous out today that I decided to walk across the bridge. The sun made the river look like a galaxy full of sparkling stars, and I watched the ducks mill about amongst those heavenly bodies. How can it not be spring, Punxsutawney Phil?

As I strolled along, I pulled my headphones out for a treat I haven't
seen for a while: the gypsy man playing the violin. His wife wasn't there today, but
I listened to him drone away on that beloved instrument, and basked in its glory.
But I had to quickly shove my earbuds back in, and push my ridiculous sunglasses back up my
nose as I realized that the warm weather also brought out the people who
want something from you. These are those weirdos with clipboards, trying to
get the general populous to side with them. The thing is, when you're on your way to class,
you really don't feel like you have time for this. I walked quickly past, and watched the two clipboardies
literally jump up and down, waving and calling out to me.

This is obviously not effective. I tried to look as oblivious as possible,
and made my way to this room.

My professor is late.
And I am high on sunshine. Let's get this over with.




Song of the Day:

little birdies in the trees by God.

0 comments:

Post a Comment