
Today was one of those days where everything starts out relatively dismal and wretched, then, slowly, slowly, the sun comes out. That wasn't exactly the case, since the sun was out all day already, but whatever. You understand.
Rolling out of bed around 9AM when you probably fully fell asleep around 3:30 isn't the funnest thing in the world. Yes, I know, there are worse sleeping habits, but when you fell asleep thinking about science exams and then wake up and had to think more about them, then go take one, the entire world is exhausting.
Such was my morning. Roll out of bed, and study for another couple of hours for this plant propagation exam, of which I have been studying fairly non-stop for the past couple days. Of course, with an hour left to study, I realize there were two more lectures I was going to be quizzed on, and turned my frumpy frump self into my grumpy frump self. Nonetheless, I made it out the door in good time, and power walked to the stadium to barely catch a bus. I suppose you actually can't 'barely' catch a bus. You actually either catch it, or you don't. Whatever.
Anyway, moving on. Got there. Took test. Left quickly. Done.
Then there was this half hour called BLISS.
BLISS includes:
-being done with torture
-walking under big oak trees through the snow without earbuds in, to just take in the glorious day
-wearing a hat
-getting gingerbread coffee
-reading the Onion
-spying on people
-moseying
BLISS ended with having to go back to lab, but lab almost sorta counts as a sliver of BLISS. For one thing, I got out about an hour normal than usual, and the time spent there consisted of putzing around plants, looking at rotted ginger, and being a total cooing mom to my beloved balsam fir seedlings I got to germinate.
As I walked to the bus stop, carrying said fir seedlings, and a couple other planty prizes, my day improved 192% when whose bus should pull up but the Jazzman's. BLISS, Stage II.
See, I only ride the Connector once a week, so I haven't been lucky enough to see him at all this year. Lucie brags about how, if she times it right, she can get him at the beginning of his shift at least once a week, but whatever. What...ever.
Anyways, like so many others around me, I couldn't help but grin like a fool the whole time I was on there. Well, except for the three girls sitting around me who wouldn't shut up about how CHEM2004 was the suckiest class ever. There was I point where I wanted to be like "SHUT UP. THIS IS A HOLY AND SACRED BUS. DO YOU NOT KNOW HOW AWESOME THIS BUS WOULD BE WITHOUT YOU TALKING ABOUT HOW YOU CHOSE A MAJOR WITH POOPHEAD CLASSES?!"
But I refrained.
So, I kept on grinning to myself, and watched as Washington Avenue drifted by, and I just thought about Chinese food and dreadlocks and pencils and steam vents and whatever else, all while listening to some lazy scat jazz glide out of that blessed radio. I watched one guy get on, and have to explain to the person he was talking to on the phone that he was on Jazzman's bus. He hung up shortly. Good man.
And so, the sunny U of M floated past, and I noted that the Mississippi was starting to look normal again. It was seriously frozen a few days ago, just covered in huge snowy ice floes and stuff. It was like the Arctic wasteland. But now half the river had thawed out, and the remaining ice barges looked deliciously fun to go out an float on, but everyone knows that'd be the absolute stupidest thing you could possibly do with your day.
I said goodbye to Jazzman on West Bank, and regretfully jogged over to the city bus that takes me past my apartment. Getting onto a quiet, normal 3A that smells like Dixie cups and is full of people with loud bodily functions is just sort of a letdown after being on the Connector with the best driver ever. Whatever. BLISS does not last.
So here I am now, hanging out with my little plants in my apartment, just cooling down after said busy morning. I fully intend to clean up around here again, light some incense and candles, and bask in the glories that are Moth podcasts and Christmas music.
IT'S DECEMBER, EVERYBODY. HOLY CRAPS!
yes.
Well, I am off to do said things.
Peesh owt.
Songs of the Day:
Weight of the World by Active Child
The Houseplant Song by Audio Adrenaline
When Your Love Is Safe by Active Child
p.s. the picture at the top is totally not relevant to anything ever.
0 comments:
Post a Comment