
Magic.
My world is magic.
The magic began yesterday, when Minneapolis began to get heavily sprinkled with snow around 2. I stepped out of work in the afternoon, into a swirl of white. The rest of the day was spent taking a hot shower and snuggling into my favorite chair into the apartment. Lucie and I hung out and made SOME ART (I literally made two pictures, one with the word SOME and the other with ART on them and put them on the wall), and we just basked in the warmth of our little Minneapolis abode.
At about eleven, Hannah came back from her internship, burst through the door with a loud "DO YOU GUYS WANT TO GO ON A WALK?!"
Heck yes.
Long underwear was slid into, boots pulled on, scarves wrapped, and three abominable snow students marched out the door.
Dinkytown was the quietest I had ever seen it on a Friday night. Nothing had been plowed, and the snow was falling steadily. The old-fashioned street lamps smiled through the flakes. We tromped our way into campus, where the world looks chronically like Hogwarts. After much frolicking and skipping about, we made our way across Northrop Mall (which looked like a postcard) and across the Washington Avenue Bridge. Barely anyone was out, but we did see some people on the River Flats, and so a great hooting and hollering match was established between us and them. Once we reached the middle of the bridge, we lay down, 50 feet above the Mississippi and made snow angels. We then proceeded to draw many pictures on the frozen windows of the bridge, and censor some crude ones we found.
In the end, we made it over to Middlebrook dorm, snagged Mike and Isaiah, and headed over to Hard Times for some 1 AM hot chocolate, cookies, and scones. Great merriment was had, but eventually my completely snow-soaked pants were making me so miserable that I decided it was time to head out before my legs froze.
All the way back, to keep myself from falling behind, I walked directly in Lucie's footprints, one step behind her. It also kept my mind off my miserable pants. The concentration worked me into a absolute hypnosis, and before I knew it, we were back in our warm apartment, and I hopped in the hot shower again to thaw out my icy hair and frozen legs. This done, we all gathered in Lucie and Hannah's bedroom, and ended our day drinking chamomile tea at 3 AM.
Sliding under those covers was like a dream in itself. After being so miserably cold, and wondering if warmth and bed would ever come, piling my IKEA comforter and the heavy comforter made by my great-greandma on top of me, I slid into a warm and dreamless sleep.
Morning came bright and late. We all bumbled around, getting ready for the day in our own lazy fashions. I finished my wall art, Lucie went to some interview, and Harnar went over to the wood shop to make us a Christmas tree, and work on other thingies.
I eventually made my way over to the art shops, as well. Standing and waiting for the 3 bus outside old Eddy Hall was one of the most glorious things to be done. I watched as the sun peek in and out of the clouds, crows came in droves to settle on the knobby oak branches and the old architecture, and little snowflakes make the air sparkle. I felt like I had stepped back in time. Enjoying snow is just timeless.
So the rest of the afternoon was spent in the shop working on my project. Lucie met us over there, and we helped Hannah carry her many projects back to the apartment. Riding the bus holding bungling pieces of wood is quite a chore.
Rachel returned home soon after, and Leslie arrived, as well. We all moseyed over to Mesa Pizza for some tasty treats, and ambled back here for tea and M&Ms. Currently, as I sit under that cozy lantern, Lucie is on the couch reading Adam by Ted Dekker (WHICH IS A FANTASTIC BOOK), and Rachel is next to her, reading up on doings on the mission field in India. Leslie is sitting on Santa's lap (we named our big blue chair St. Nicholas) watchind old Digimon episodes, and Hannah is on the floor, building us a Christmas tree. It's awesome.
And so, my cozy life continues.
And you are very patient to have read this. I write these, again, so I don't forget happy memories. :)
I am going to go get into some snuggly clothes and read some French.
Peace, snow, and knee-high socks to you.
Songs of the Day:
Sleep Soond I'da Moarnin by Kim Robertson
O Little Town of Bethlehem by Nat King Cole
0 comments:
Post a Comment