Monday, December 13, 2010

Snowpocalypse, indeed.

I guess that's what they're calling it.

And that is what it is.


If you don't live in the Twin Cities, or haven't heard because you're sitting in some steamy beach house in Cali minding your own oblivious business, the Midwest just got whomped with some heavy-duty white stuff. Downtown St. Paul apparently got 23" overnight, and we didn't get much less than that here in Minneapolis.

Thankfully, I had nowhere to be but my apartment on Saturday, which was when all that came down. We hosted that Christmas party, which was a great success, despite the weather. I think, at most, we had 17 people here at once, which made our little apartment very very warm. Hannah, Lucie, Rachel, Leslie, Leslie's mom, and myself, baked five varieties of cookies, and later on, put on a spaghetti dinner, complete with homemade garlic bread and apple cider. It was downright lovely. Leslie and her mom, and Cameron, had to stay overnight, since they all had to walk great distances, and the winds outside at 11:30PM were dastardly. Cameron basically walked from the Larpenteur/Snelling area, and Leslie and her mom from Stadium village. Both trips took some multiple hours to walk here.

It was just madness out. People were snowshoeing down the sidewalks, cars were getting stuck and being pushed out all over, the buses shut down, and everyone was snowed in.

But I must say, if you had to snowed in somewhere, why not your own apartment during a Christmas party?


Yeah. So, needless to say, it was all great fun. Now I am left in a toasty apartment, having just returned from a slow and very cold ordeal getting to and from history class. I almost threw in the towel, as two full buses had already crawled past my stop this morning, but as I was about to leave, an emptier one came. But, boy, it traffic slow out there. It's -3˙ out, but it feels like -20˙. But the sky is crisp and clear and beautiful, so I am having an alrighty day.


Enough of recounting.

Done.


-Heatherthererer




Songs for the Day:

Prayer by Rufus Cappadocia

Yawny at the Apocalypse by Andrew Bird

0 comments:

Post a Comment