Oh, and before I begin, I will have all you know who know me quite well, that I have taken a liking to forms of electronica this year. No, it has not taken the place of my classic favorite genres, such as jazz, folk, alternative, international and whatever, but it has become this staple in my study life. And I like it. I think it's interesting how a bunch of wavelengths can effect people physically and mentally. Like, you cannot help but tap or move some part of your person while listening to most music, and techno stuff just intensifies that strange bounciness all the more.
This sort of music tends to get a bad rap, since it is usually affiliated with wild raves and other connotations I'm sure we can all think up, but as a sheer clump of epic noises, I see no problem with it. Sure, some songs are way too repetitive or loud, blah blah blah, and that is a case of personal taste and the propriety of the listener, and no, it is not for everyone. Understood. I personally just enjoy deep, weird sounds, and just cinematic epicness in general. And again, it makes great study music. It's good for tuning out, but still keeps you awake.
So there's my shpeal about why this list contains so many techno/electronica/dubstep songs. It's a phase I am enjoying. And props to my beloved roomie Hannah for feeding this enjoyment with her huge library of this stuff.
No particular order here, only how it shows up chronologically on my iPod.
Prayer -- Rufus Cappadocia
Smile -- Eyedea and Abilities (R.I.P)
Crushed Velvet -- Omegadubstep
Diencephalon -- Omegadubstep
Salmarnir -- Underoath
Whistling Drive -- Minimalistix
Mecha Love -- Hadouken!
Eastern Jam -- Chase and Status
Machine Gun -- Portishead
The Mystic's Dream -- Loreena McKennitt
Cello Song -- The Books (feat. Jose Gonzalez)
Tainted Love -- Marilyn Manson (yes. you read that right. a good story here.)
Now You Has Jazz -- Louis Armstrong
Drive It Like You Stole It -- The Glitch Mob
Flea -- Clazziquai Project
Inner Universe -- Yoko Kanno
1 (Scot Project Mix) -- Tocs
Cosmic Love (Short Club Remix) -- Florence + The Machine
Like the Wheel --The Tallest Man on Earth
When Your Love Is Safe -- Active Child
Heart is Strange (Active Child Remix) -- School of Seven Bells
The Flies -- Showbread
Evil Beat -- Basshunter
Mad World -- Gary Jules
Vesuvius -- Sufjan Stevens
I Want To Be Well -- Sufjan Stevens
Futile Devices -- Sufjan Stevens
Age of Adz -- Sufjan Stevens
Red Sea -- Steve Wood
Silent Shout -- The Knife
No Cars Go -- Maxence Cyrin
Take Me Into Your Skin -- Trentemøller
Moan -- Trentemøller
Snowflake -- Trentemøller
Big Rock Candy Mountain - Harry McClintock
Anatomy -- Atlantica (shoutout, yo)
Perfect -- Depeche Mode
Strangetown -- Neon Horse
Clint Eastwood -- Gorillaz
Laughing With -- Regina Spektor
We No Speak Americano -- Yolanda Be Cool
Laughing With a Mouth of Blood -- St. Vincent
Mechanical Lullaby -- Coraline Soundtrack
Louder Than Thunder -- The Devil Wears Prada
Where Do My Bluebird Fly? -- The Tallest Man on Earth
Tiger Mountain Peasant Song -- First Aid Kit
From the Mouth of Gabriel -- Sufjan Stevens
Enchanting Ghost -- Sufjan Stevens
Come With Me -- CEO
Mono Desire -- Manu Delago
Idumea -- Cold Mountain Soundtrack
You Will Be My Ain True Love -- Cold Mountain Soundtrack
Christmas Time Will Soon Be Over -- Jack White
Allllllright, think that's enough?
And the thing is, each of those songs has such specific memories tied to them that doing this made me recount my entire school experience so far this year, which was really weird.
Enjoy.
-Boop
0 comments:
Post a Comment