Saturday, December 11, 2010

The magic never stops.

Well, today is the day that the citizens of Atlantis (mine apartment) are putting on a Christmas party.


And today Minnesota is expected to get well over a foot of snow.

And it's Lucie's birthday.


So it's a good day, as long as you are not driving.
Apparently, the weathermen said it might be worse that "The October Blizzard of '91", which is still absolute legend around here. Even those of use who were barely a year old at the time.


And so, here we are, in our nice clean apartment, readying ourselves for more cookie baking (I finished about 85 sugar cookies last night at about 3 AM). Last night we all stayed up last baking, painting our wooden Christmas tree, making paper chains, popcorn and cranberry chains, and a Christmas tree angel. The snow was dumping down, and we listened to the entire LOTR soundtrack. It was magical.

I will have you note that being in college makes you exceedingly thrifty. Take a rolling pin, for example. How often do you need one of those? Like, not. So, because we had many things to roll out, but no pin, I got thrify and used Hannah's birthday present to me: a blue vodka bottle she found on the side of the road one day. Don't worry, we cleaned it. I like blue glass.

And, hey, it worked like a charm.


Now Lucie and I are sitting in the living room, blogging away, listening to the wind creak the building, and the water sloshing in the pipes. Hannah just woke up, and fumbled into the living room, proclaiming:

"Ok, guys, you know when you're barely waking up, and your brain is like, "I need to pee. But Rachel is going to take a shower. I should pee before that. No, wait, I can just pee in the kitchen."


She'd tired. She got to bed later than all of us, which means later than 4:30. Oi.

But I will not bore you with more details. It is just wonderful here.


Except when the treat of finals kicks in. Yuck.





I go now to make Lucie some birthday hash browns. You know you're jealous.


Peace, love and chamomile tea.




Songs of the Day:

anything by Nat King Cole

0 comments:

Post a Comment