
Heat = today.
Thankfully, I stayed inside and cleaned and hung out with myself, which was very nice and relaxing. But I sat outside briefly with Linus on the deck before dinner, re-reading an old favorite, The Castaways of the Flying Dutchman by Brian Jacques, and it was HOT out, let me tell you. A wave of tornado-producing storms is expected to go over the western half of the state tonight, giving us some noisy thunderstorms around 2 AM or so. But the better part of the day was sunny, in the upper 80s, windy, and HUMID.
The perfect day for listening to Miyazaki soundtrack music, and taking in all the glorious greens God gives us this time of year.
I am currently sitting in near darkness at my desk, with a little citrus and cilantro tea light to keep me company. The sunset was lovely, with lavender clouds whisking across a lemony sky, only to be overtaken by deep blue ones who murmur of the foreboding storms in the west. A weird light has set in outside, making the leaves glow a little at the edges as they sway in the wind. Small windows in the blue blanket let in swathes of peachy sky, but not for long.
And so I sit in the growing darkness, quietly typing away to my approaching storm music, waiting for Bjones to get over here for a night of Scrabble and apple pie. Our house smells of the remaining scent of steak dinner, mixed with baking pie crust. It is fabulous.
The curtain of blue has now begun to unleash rain to the north, and it is dragging its ragged self slowly, slowly to the east. I think I will go sit and watch.
Songs of the Evening:
One for the Road/Storm Clouds from the 3:10 to Yuma soundtrack
(I think this is the theme song of my summer, as it is frequently relevant and I don't seem to get sick of it)
Movement by Dam Mantle
One Summer's Day from the Spirited Away soundtrack
Jósef Tekur Fimmuna í Vinnuna by Sigur Rós
The End Is Here...The End Is Beautiful by Maylene & The Sons of Disaster
0 comments:
Post a Comment