Today has been a highly uneventful one. And for once, I'm okay with that, as my weekend was everything but uneventful. Saturday was one of those times I was excited, yet anxious about how everything would go down. I drove down to my aunt and uncle's house in Uptown to celebrate my cousin's graduation from college, which is pretty sweet. I filled myself up on pizza and ice cream cake, and then rushed out the door to North Minneapolis for a pre-gig rehearsal. We had a show that night, starting at 12:30 AM (no joke) in downtown St. Paul, which was fun, but very hot and tiring. By the time 1:15ish hit, most of the people there probably wouldn't even remember us the next morning, if you get my drift. A large wedding party came in at the last, making things a lil' chaotic, but we got out just fine, feeling accomplished and exhausted. Poor Holly had to work at Starbucks at 4:30ish AM, and we were driving away at 2 AM.
My lack of sleep was not that drastic, but I did arrive home shortly before 3, finished up some ice cream cake my parents had saved, and crashed.
I was then awakened at 8:15 that morning so we could drive up to Duluth and visit Carla. Now, don't get me wrong, I love Duluth and I love my sibling, but the thought of being cramped in the backseat with a huge dog kennel for 4ish hours total that day didn't sound like the MOST exciting thing.Nonetheless, we made our way oop Nort, stopping at Tobies for my favorite pastry--a nutty fried roll--and eventually rolled into Duluth, tired, but not crabby, amazingly.The day was spent in Canal Park walking Linus around on the boardwalk and beach,where we encountered many another dog, and some giant creatures pulling carriages that were for sure not dogs. I tried to explain to Linus what horses were, but to no avail.
We witnessed the 15th Annual Battle of the Jugbands in Amazing Grace Café, and it is exactly what it sounds like--a whole bunch of mountain men and former hippies come out of the woodwork withtheir ancient guitars and jugs to play some, well, Jug music, or whatever you'd call it. It was an absolute hoot. Linus made a lot of people friends as we sat outside amongst the waiting musicians, who had struck up a little jam sesh. The day was fairly still for Duluth, and altogether very nice. Carla and I did her laundry, and we got coffee with the fam, at at Grandma's like good tourists, and eventually headed home. So, even though I was lacking in the sleep department, my weekend was very full and very good.
There. Done recapping.
Oh, and I finally saw V for Vendetta with Ber. Highly worthwhile.(both Ber and the movie).
Songs of the Weekend:
Fever by Peggy Lee
Calgary by Bon Iver
0 comments:
Post a Comment