Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Refresh and renew.


This past week or so, I have gotten to spend a lot of time with people, but also a lot of time on my own. This is something I am routinely afraid of, as I get weird when I'm alone too long. I start to feel a little stagnant, and get all loopy in my head. I'm not even sure what goes on, but I know I don't particularly like it.

But not so this time. Only for a few moments have I felt a little cooped up. I am really actually enjoying my time at home in my old room so far. It feels like me castle, up here in my chamber. I like the word 'chamber' better than bedroom, unless you put the word 'pot' after it. Then it gets silly. It makes me feel more awesome and free to do what I want when I pretend I'm living in a magical, snug corner of my castle. I mean, when you read about living in castles as a kid, and you hear about a 'royal so-and-so retiring to their chambers', doesn't that sound magical? I like to think of myself that way, sometimes. It's better than being like "I'm going to hang out with myself in my room." Then it gets sorta emo.

Anyways, I guess the reasoning behind that explanation is that this alone time has been, for one of the first times in my life, highly beneficial. I think it's partially because I'd been preparing myself for this time for a while before finals ended, so now I'm ready to embrace it and be productive. That is one of my biggest goals this summer = be productive. In what way? Well, creatively, sure, but I'm leaving the space blank to see what shows up. This past weekend, Bonk and I got together and talked a great deal about arts, did some arts, and are plotting out our art blog, of which I will post a link to later (It's so under construction right now that it's laughable). We both decided it was time to sorta wake up and smell the creative bacon. Both of us wished for more accountability in being creative over the summer, and this was our solution. You're welcome to follow along and join the fray. It begins soon.

As of this moment, I have cleaned my chamber and organized my art supplies a little, and plunked down to read the book that sorta set off the blaze: The Artist's Way. I will speak to you more about it once I get further in it and digest more, but believe me---it's worth your time.

Anyways, enough about me and my thoughts. I've just been alone enough so that I've sorted through things and am ready to talk about them. I don't want to burden anyone with my "this is how I want to be, blah blah blah" all the time. In fact, I want to hear YOUR story. Really! As an aspiring teacher, one thing I literally crave is to hear what others want to do with themselves, and get all excited with them, and help if I can. Supporting one another is one of the best ways to get to know a person.

Well, I actually need to scram now. Dinner calls.

Audios!




Songs of the Week:


Mischief Managed by Oliver Boyd and the Rememberalls

Orono Park by Wilderness of Manitoba

Wet by Sean Rowe

0 comments:

Post a Comment