While at home, I finally saw Tangled, which was very charming, and classically Disney-esque.
There's a while undertone about dreams coming true, yadda yadda, like most fairy tales. And then I realized that a couple of my (minor) dreams came true this week, too.
These dreams mostly consist of experiences I have while being at home.
I. My Bedroom: I'd been waking up in the morning at school for about a week, expecting that each morning I would wake up in my bed at home. Well, I'm finally getting to do that.

II. Walks in the Woods: Lucie had a good point the other day, as we sat outside in the sweltering evening, watching a storm go over, that the only thing that makes living in a city bearable is if you can escape it sometimes. I'd been feeling a little trapped recently, so to take a walk through the woods and fields and marshes near my house is just a dream. Instead of cars and buses and people and bikes, I saw birds and bugs and dogs and snakes and flowers and trees upon trees. The sun shone through the leaves, making the woods just glow, and I couldn't have been more happier on my solitary walk.

III. Snuggling something furry: Yup. That came true.

VI. Drinking tap water: Sound weird? Well, it isn't. See, our tap water at the apartment isn't that good, so drinking my home tap water is like a dream. It doesn't have that slight metallic taste...

VI. Frogs, not drunks: Or trains.Going to sleep to peeping sounds from the surrounding marshes is the best lullaby ever. There I go, rubbing it in again. Sorry.

VII. Reading outside: By the garden. On the patio. In the sunshine. Drinking coffee. Listening to birds. With the dog. Getting a tan.
Treasure Island is the book of choice right now, I guess.

VIII. Cleaning my closet: This is not really a 'dream', but just a need that is throbbing in the back of my head. I'll feel much better when it's done.
blargh!

IX. Apple blossoms: There is a white crabapple tree right outside my window. I can't even describe how beautiful it is to wake up, open your curtains, and the smell of flowers hits you smack in the face.

X. No more school: This is obvious, but I had to say it.
So there you have it. I hope your summer is starting out as nice.
Songs for Summer (so far):
Mellan Oss Två by Basshunter
Apollo by Danger Beach
Grown Ocean by Fleet Foxes



0 comments:
Post a Comment