
Well, if you were as excited as I was about the contents of that last post, here are the results, according to the Chowgirls Catering Menu:
Benedictine Finger Sandwiches • A wonderful spread of cucumber and cream cheese between slices of raisin bread
Grilled Vegetable Skewers • Red pepper, red onion, mushrooms, and other seasonal vegetables on a two-bite skewer, served with balsamic reduction, saffron aioli, or tarragon aioli
Mushroom Paté • A rich and flavorful spread of chantrelle, portabella, and white mushrooms, flavored with white wine, Hope Creamery butter, and fresh thyme. Served with our garlic crostini
Crudite Platter • Organic vegetables in their natural state, served with our signature Sun-Dried Tomato and Green Goddess dips
Cheese Plate • Local and imported artisan cheeses based on your palate and your budget, plattered with seasonal fruit and served wtih assorted crackers and flatbreads (I personally feasted upon the bleu cheese and camembert. Oi.)
Coconut Macaroons • Moist coconut cookies, topped with an almond
House-made marshmallows (delicious little green things)
Fudge (filled with lavender blossoms!)
Mango-Mint Sparkler • Fresh lime juice and mango puree mixed with sparkling soda, garnished with fresh mint leaves
Along with some fancy crackers, these are the little tasty treats I indulged in while roaming about and gazing at pretty art and even some artifacts. Matteo Ricci's 1602 World Map can be found up in the James Ford Bell Library, but I didn't get to see it, as it was behind closed doors. But there were other treasures up there, as well.
Anyways, you get my drift. I had a nice, solitary, cultural evening. Good food, good art, classy people (I felt a wee bit underdressed, but not really, since I at least looked like I had been painting for the past 4 hours, which I had).
Yeah.
In other good news, I think TRON:Legacy is coming to Coffman Union this weekend, and the nerd in me is rarin' to go again!
Ciao!
Song of the Day:
Linger by The Cranberries
0 comments:
Post a Comment