Wednesday, March 16, 2011

I feel sorry for Justin Bieber. Everyone makes fun of her.

Well, spring break is finally upon us U of M students, and let me tell you, it almost didn't come soon enough. I think all of us can admit we were feeling a little lacking in patience and understanding of each other by the time last week ended. Myself very much included. I'm still getting over it.

But whatever. Here we are now, happily at the midpoint of our time off. It's wonderful to have the freedom of a car (huzzah), and to get out of my MPLS bubble. And so I'm back here in my old Maple Grove bubble. But not really.

Visiting home is great, and it's even greater when you appreciate it from the perspective of a nostalgic college student. Carla and I have revisited a few old haunts, as I am now, in this Caribou coffee shop. It's weird, being here and being a student from the U, because I know there is probably no one else here who goes to the same school I do. Maybe they did, but now they're all soccer moms and businessmen. And maybe some are destined to go there, like that clump of junior high girls. Maybe. It's hard to tell at that age, when a 'wealth of knowledge' goes only as deep as Justin Bieber facts and where to find the best Hot Topic-like bling. I'm not sure if things like that look very good on a college transcript.

I shouldn't pick on all junior high girls for liking Justin Bieber. I'm sure not all of them do. Heck, I know college students who think he's a dream. Blegh. Cougars. But I could personally pick out a handful (a handful, mind you) of ladies younger than me who would in no way shape or form be driven to make goo-goo eyes at a poster of a 17 year old they will never meet. Stereotypes aren't any fun for anyone, except for uncreative people.

Anyway, enough of that. I'm definitely in the disliker crowd, but not hatin'. Hatin' on people doesn't make you cool.


So I think I will continue to sit here and mull over my French homework instead of a 17 year old I will never meet.


Done.




Songs of the Week:

After the Curtain by Beirut (can't get enough of this one, as it just whispers of summer evenings)

Cloud Nine by Ben Howard (this will always equal mental bliss and contentment for me)


0 comments:

Post a Comment