'Master!' cried Sam, and fell upon his knees. in all that ruin of the world for the moment he felt only joy, great joy. The burden was gone. His master had been saved; he was himself again, he was free. And then Same caught sight of the maimed and bleeding hand.
'Your poor hand!' he said. 'And I have nothing to bind it with, or comfort it. I would have spared him a whole hand of mine rather. But he's gone now beyond recall, gone for ever.'
'Yes,' said Frodo. 'But do you remember Gandalf's words: 'Even Gollum may have something yet to do'? But for him, Sam, I could not have destroyed the ring. The Quest would have been in vain, even at the bitter end. So let us forgive him! For the Quest is achieved, and now all is over.
I am glad you are here with me. Here at the end of all things, Sam.'
Even though we haven't gotten that far yet, my family has enjoyed reliving that adventure this week. Still my favorite films of all time.
And it is the end of all things for me, too, though on a rather pathetic scale in comparison. Spring break is done. Sure, laugh. Of course school isn't as bad as going on a perilous journey to save the world and lose yourself in the process, but whatever. My 'end of all things' is in reverse, as it is then end of something good, going back into the not-so-good. But it's something one must get over, and in the scope of things, going to school should be a very delightful prospect.
Going home is a beautiful thing, though. I'm currently sitting cross-legged on my mess bed in the middle of a messy room I am about to mend. I can hear dishes clanking the kitchen as Mom prepares a steak lunch-dinner, as it is my dad's birthday today. And also the first day of spring. You wouldn't know it, though. It's Minnesota. Spring doesn't really show up until July.
So all in all, my lovely week consisted of:
-romping with the dog
-romping with the sibling
-watching movies, including a handful of Studio Ghiblis and LOTR
-birthdays!
-Café Latté's key lime cheesecake
-The King's Speech (beautiful, yes)
-goldfish crackers
-carrot cake
-cats
-Bjones!
-orthodontists
-sleeping in my own bed
-music
-cutting the back of my leg really badly with a razor
-crayons
-job hunting for summer
-homework
-Indian Food
-exploring the Guthrie
-seeing a half gray-half-golden-red squirrel
-Maple Grove
-driving a car
-ripping knots out of my hair
-IKEA
-being stupid with Noopo
-Summit and Grand
-seeing cool clouds
-late night Target runs
-eating good yogurt
-buying a printer cartridge
-seeing sunsets without skylines
-being at home and loving it.
Yes. There. In case you cared to know.
Well, as previously stated, a room needs to be cleaned, so I am not going to grace you with any deep, wise thoughts right now, and just get to it. Perhaps later.
I leave you know with a highly observant piece of poetry:
Grey as a mouse,
Big as a house,
Nose like a snake,
I make the earth shake,
As I tramp through the grass;
Trees crack as I pass.
With horns in my mouth
I walk in the South,
Flapping big ears.
Beyond count of years
I stump round and round,
Never lie on the ground,
Not even to die.
Oliphaunt am I,
Biggest of all,
Huge, old, and tall.
If ever you'd met me
You wouldn't forget me.
If you never do,
You won't think I'm true;
But old Oliphaunt am I,
And I never lie.
Audios.
Sounds of the Week:
0 comments:
Post a Comment