
Today is gloomy.
Today is rainy.
Today is cold.
Today is windy.
Today is THE BEST THING SINCE SLICED TOAST.
Even though the weather people say we might get some snow tonight, I'm going to be in denial about it, and just enjoy the rain.
Because now it really feels like spring is coming.
Agh! I haven't experienced a day as nice as this one in an age. Oh sure, it's been warmer and nice and melty out, but today just embraces its own messy gloom. Most of the snowbanks have left, leaving behind everything people threw in them and thought had disappeared. Ha. Surprise. There's that beer bottle again. And that cigarette. And that earring. (I always find earrings, it seems)
Anyway, you get me drift. As long as it's not snow coming down, I am happy as a lark. March is one of my least favorite months, so as long as this gloom doesn't hang around too long, I'll be glad. Otherwise I think we all turn into weather-reflectors, and that's just no fun after a while.
Today is a jazz day. A hot tea day. It's a day to be glad to be inside, to clean your house, then curl up with a snuggly blanket and eat your dinner on the couch while reading a mystery novel. Yes, I think it's about time to break out some Sherlock Holmes, yo!
So, I think I will pry myself off this futon and get 'er done.
I just had to share my joy with you.
Audios!
Songs of the day:
Why Do You Let Me Stay Here? by She & Him
Sumiregusa by Enya
Someone to Watch Over Me by Ella Fitzgerald
0 comments:
Post a Comment