![]() |
| hello. |
Here I am now in my kitchen, listening to Gregorian Christmas music and Sufjan's Christmas album as Carla bakes apple cheddar bread. I am holding my face directly over my mug of tea, letting the steam collect on my skin, and then pulling my head away, which makes my face get all cold. And so I do it again, of course.
![]() |
| bloop. |
Other tasty things have been consumed as I have sat here.
![]() |
| lots of cookies |
and a clementine, I think.
Oh, and check out the winter bouquet I picked yesterday. I took the most pleasant of walks by myself. I just needed to get out on my lonesome and chase the sun over to its setting point. And on my journey to follow the sun to my favorite marshland, I decided that even though the world around me was very brown, that the browns were actually very lovely in themselves, and the shapes and varieties were too pretty to pass up. And so, as I strolled through the silent wooded paths, I examined plant after plant to find the most notable dried up specimens that wouldn't shed everywhere.
And even though this picture is meh, you get the picture. the bouquet really is lovely in its own right.
And I made the derpy vase thing. Be proud.
If you take a look at all those pictures, note at the osition of the sunlight. It's almost parallel to my face, which is ridiculous, because those were taken around 2 in the afternoon. Two in the afternoon! The days are so short! Yesterday was the winter equinox, so I guess we'll be gaining daylight, but ever so slowly.
Welp, I should be off to get a few things done. My grandparents are coming over tonight for their annual Christmas Eve-Eve or whatever dinner. I woke up this morning to the smell of roast in the crock-pot, which is one of my favorite things about coming home. Maybe I'll write a list in my next post about all the things I miss about home.
But as for now, have a lovely evening. Time to go clean the bathroom.
Songs of the Afternoon:
Sail by Awolnation
Christmas Time is Here by Vince Guaraldi Trio
Love You All by Cloud Cult
Holy Holy Holy by Sufjan Stevens





0 comments:
Post a Comment