Tuesday, December 6, 2011
Wasting time.
"The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time"
I've seen that quote floating around the internet lately, and I'm doing to say that I half agree. It really depends on what you're wasting your time on, and if it's going to be really detrimental to you or others. Like, drugs, or something.
I currently am wasting time by blogging. Is that truly wasting time?
Maybe....
...but it's better than drugs, right?
After posting that last long-winded thing, I decided it was about time for some food.
But being alone in Cedar-Riverside when it's dark out doesn't really yield many options for seeking out tasty morsels, so I piled on my winter garb and braved the cold for about a block until I reached Jimmy Johns.
I don't particularly like Jimmy Johns, but it's quick food. Whatevs.
Man oh man, though. The cold has really set it. I mean, it's about time, and it really does make you think it's closer to Christmas. But it's still not tons of fun when you have to haul yourself around in it all the time. And without earmuffs, I might add. I forgot them at home this weekend, I think. Boo.
And so, I left JJs with a sandwich in hand, and shivered and tromped my way back to Regis. I decided to go into Regis West instead of Regis East, as it is more likable. It was also the closest to me, and I was freezing. Where I was perched before in the East building was by the huge windows, which make the place freaking cold. So here I am, on the West Side, right in the middle of the building, feeling a lot warmer. And I like this place better, as I said before. I have all good memories of 2-D art classes here (I'm more comfortable with 2-D than 3-d. Always.) And it smells like paint and varnish and gesso and turpentine and things, verses plaster dust and metallic whatever in the 3-D building.
I sit here watching hipsters stroll by, their frumpy hats perched all different directions on their shaggy heads. Some guy is taking pictures below me of his pottery in a gallery, and I can hear voices coming from somewhere down there as well. No saws, no drills, just chatting, and the constant hum of the ventilation system.
And, this side has comfier chairs.
Yeah.
I should probably go glaze now. Boo.
Audios.
Songs of Tonight:
probably something violently productive. We'll see. I only have until 11 and this place closes....crap.
Oh well.It feels nice for once...

0 comments:
Post a Comment