Saturday, September 25, 2010

These are a few of my favorite things.


So, right now, I feel the need to display a list of stuff that appears very frequently in my life, or that I just plain like right now.

Just because.


(In no particular order.)




I. Dinosaurs: I have a mug, stuffed animals, books, games, coloring books...all with these babies on 'em.


II. Trentemøller: This Danish guy has become the creator of some of my favorite study music.



III. The Legend of Zelda: Lucie and I have taken to watching Hannah absolutely own this game every night while we get stuff done. And Trentemøller typically accompanies this.




IV. The Minneapolis skyline: It can look so different at various times of day. It's creepy with covered in clouds, glorious at night, and looks like a paper cutout in the morning.


V. Extra Sharp Cheddar Cheese: It goes with everything.


VI. Dino Run: Basically this cute pixel-style computer game to play in between homework assignments when I just don't feel like thinking anymore. I just help this little velociraptor escape the cloud of doom. Huzzah!


VII. Collecting collage materials for my wall: No, this is not my pile....


VIII. Welding: I just learned about this this last week, and I'm excited to try it more. Although, the welding we do in sculpture isn't as intense as this. We only wear goggles, not the Daft Punk mask things.



IX. Being in a greenhouse: For my plant propagation class, I spend several hours a week in such a place. It's really laid back, and is going to be so pleasant in the winter. I love growing things.


X.Deviant Art: A fun and inspiring website Lucie and I have been frequenting more and more these days. (here's a piece by one of my favorite artists there: Culpeo-Fox).



XI. Graphic Novels: Lucie lent me this story, Maus, and I am highly enjoying it. She, Hannah, and I also stopped by a favorite hangout, Big Brain Comics, in Minneapolis. You might want to check this out.




XII. Edward Gorey: I love his work. Love love love.




XIII. Oreos: I never really took much notice of these things before, but I now have a stash in my closet. Who knew.



XIV. Looking down when I walk: I find so much random stuff on the ground in Dinkytown. It's pretty sweet.





XV. Highlighters: These are just delightful.



XVI. Places where they sell books: Like bookstores. Or the library book sale I went to today. And my new favorite place in Dinkytown, Cummings Books. They have cats and stuff just chillin' there, too.




XVII. Soup: I eat so much of this. Oh, it is so goooooood. And chili. Yes.




XVIII. Having shoes: Yeah, I get those days where I complain about not having lots of types of shoes. But at least I have shoes. Ever think about that? I realized it the other day when I stomped through the rain.Some people don't even have something that basic.



XIX. BBC News: I enjoy poking around their website every day. Being informed = good.


XX. Autumn: Basically, everything is awesome for like, 1.5 months.





XXII. Lucie's Hair: HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.





XXIII.Iceland: The landscape, the mysterious and eerie history, the music, the art. Everything about this place just seems fascinating. I want to go there, please.





XXIV. Avoiding homework: What I just did for an hour.






So that's basically what my life looks like right about now. If you cared to know.


Aight. I'm got some stuff to tackle, a puppy to snuggle, and a gig in the morning.


Toodles.


0 comments:

Post a Comment