But guess what: I'm at school. I'm ready to go.
We've been in out apartment for a week, and it's been quite the adventure running a household. Lucie and Rachel were out working a lot, at the State Fair and all, and Hannah didn't come until Friday, so I got the place to myself a lot. That was fine, but I was aching to get on a schedule.
And here I am.
I will probably fill you in on the detail of the apartment and that lifestyle in my next post, but as of now, I am standing at a heavy wooden table in Regis Center for the Arts, waiting to begin my sculpture class. I hope I'm in the right room. I followed the signs...we'll see.
I'm a little nervous, to tell you the truth. Three-dimensional art it something I have never played with, so it's a little daunting. Granted, it's a beginning class, so I shouldn't be worried, but I am. Gah. Carla and I have this in common: we like to know what we're doing before we do something. That doesn't work in college. You live and learn.
The nice think is, there are no rules to art. Basically, if you know your techniques, and stuff, you can call anything art. Sometimes I find that silly.
I should go. More to come.
0 comments:
Post a Comment