But, I shouldn't complain. Things could be worse. It's just going to be a looooong weekend.
That aside, I wish to tell you that I'm learning how to weld. I'm very proud of this fact, since I don't usually feel like I have many dexterous, 3-D skills to speak of. Whether I succeed at all in this thing is something to be seen, but just to feel like I've tried something new is sweet.
So, the other night, I had to work unexpectedly, which really threw off my evening plans. (those plans being: do homework, make chili).
But, that did not stop me. I got off work at ten, come home, and cooked up a buttload of vegetarian chili (so Hannah could have some, and I didn't want to deal with meat).
And so a celebration was born, entitled "Midnight Chilli Peppers Chili Party." This includes sitting around a kitchen table with your friends, eating homemade chili and cornbread, and listening to the Red Hot Chilli Peppers at midnight. What better way can you think of to end a day?
So, two things in particular have been very present in my household these past few weeks: Trentemøller music, and Zelda.
Hannah has been playing The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess for the past week or so, and it's become a normal activity sit about, do things, listen to house music, and watch her play. She's quite adept with the whole video game skill set thing. She says there are people better than her, but apparently, the better you are at these things, the more of a social recluse you are. Forgive me if I just insulted you. Hannah ≠ this.
Lucie and I finally saw Tim Burton's A Nightmare Before Christmas tonight. It was very charming.
Yeah, Zelda has infiltrated our lives recently. Lucie is drawing Link, and it's just a silly form of conversation around here. I enjoy such an environment. It's fun.
And our TV's name is Beefwaffle.
Ugh. It rained so hard today. I walked to Mariucchi Arena to catch the bus on the way to plant propagation, and walked to the ten blocks back afterwards. Let me tell you, my shoes were hosting pool parties for my feet today. It was miserable.
But here I am now, warm and comfy, with my friends around me, and a schedule that calls for me to get up at seven tomorrow. I shall go now.
Oh, and I went to the farmers market on Church Street on campus yesterday. I bought a huge, weird bouquet with a cabbage in the middle, fresh raspberries, and a whoppin' bunch of radishes. It felt so charming to walk home with produce in hand. I've always wanted to walk down the sidewalk with flowers in my arms.
Anyway, enough floof. I musht sleep. This is the trugh.
Truth.
I carn't spel.
0 comments:
Post a Comment