Monday, April 26, 2010

Squeaky-clean in the grunge hole. What bliss.


Well, here I am, back at Hard Times, with a cookie on call. No tea, though. There's plenty of that back at the dorm. Ahm nahm. Soupy is hangin' out here with me. He's in the picture, too. He's my huge plaid coat. And he does art with me.

Got them classes finalized, and basically got into the ones I wanted, except I'm on a different lab day than Rachel ad Katherine for the same class. Booyah.

So after waking up at 8:20 Saturday morning, my day consisted of making hot chocolate, moseying next door through the rain, and drawing a naked lady as I ate my breakfast. No biggy, right? Eh. Seriously, you learn a lot from figure drawing, but some things I would rather stay un-learned about, thanks. But waking up and just drawing is not a bad deal. That was nice. As I packed up, the model (now in her bathrobe, thank you) and I had a nice discussion about how Midwest Mountaineering was having a nice sale, and how I wanted to be an art teacher. She then informed me of various other figure drawing co-ops around the cities, and I thanked her for the info, and moseyed away. I suppose if I really had to, I could take her up on that information, but I would rather not be one who seeks out naked people in co-ops for the sake of drawing them. I would like to leave them be.


Then, the good part of my day came. Noopo came and picked me up, and after dropping off books at the library, we drove through he local countryside back home. And I got to play with the puppy. A lot.

And that was my day, basically. I snoozed, played, and then in the evening, Carla and I collaborated on a charcoal drawing, smeared it all over each other's faces, and ran into the office making banshee sounds. We then proceeded to play some loud sounds, and ended up finding some bubble wrap, so we put it on the floor, and banshee-danced upon it to the Dropkick Murphys. Hootenanny.


Bjones stopped by, and showed me her mom's new press-the-keychain-button-and-the-engine-starts sports car. It was fun, and we drove around in it late at night like small town kids with nothing better to do.

The night ended with Noopo and I eating pie and falling asleep on the couch while watching Balto. Whee.


With Sunday came church and more play with the pooch. He showed me his favorte digging spot in the sandbox, which is an ok place to dig, since sand is easy to clean off, and he's not doing any harm. He bounded up to his dent in the corner, leap in, shoved his paws deep in the dirt, proclaimed "BrrOWWRARWROORM", and proceeded to dig like a maniac.

He's my chum.

It was hard to leave, but it won't be too long until I can spend some summertime there. Mmm. Summer. These last weeks are crazy. Crazy, in that, of course, schoolwork piles up. But also crazy in that, well, I'm almost done with my first year in college. And I will soon have to move out of the little hobbit hole we have created. I mean, we do have an apartment lined up, but the first year in the dorms will be memorable, for sure. And being my overly-nostalgic self, I am going to miss it.

Being nostalgic all the time really sucks. It take a lot of effort to move forward.

So, yes. And I am just getting progressively crabby with things that are as trivial as you can possibly imagine. It's time to bust out of this little world for a while.


Summer.


oh summer.


I intend to put a list up soon of all the things I want to do this summer, and hopefully, I will stick to it and update it. Yeah. That'd be a good idea.

Ah, I have been typing so ferociously that my fingers are tired. I might come back and blab some more, but I am going to take a break.


Peas haute.


Song of the Day:

Ultima Ratio Regum by OmegaDubstep

LISTEN. This is the kind of grunge that gets one through finals.

0 comments:

Post a Comment