Friday, April 23, 2010

Skip-a-dee-doo. Duh.




I am sitting here in Hard Times on my lonesome, listening to 60's music skip over the speaker system. Finally the worker with the sweet dreads has walked over to aid the poor, choking sound machine.

With a chocolate-dipped-orange-shortbread-cookie in one hand, and a mug of cinnamon hibiscus rose tea on call near the other, I am set to try and tell myself to wind down.
Registering for fall classes today. That's what's up. Must wait until 2:30. Painful.


So, in the meantime, I will divulge the week's doings.



As was mentioned in the previous post, I am a lovestruck mess. We met our puppy. He is a doll. After waiting a long time for him to arrive at the cargo pickup at the airport, the four of us peoples took lil' Linus home to play in the yard, meet the rabbit, tap a nap (he snores), and do other puppy things. Let me tell you, it was hard to leave that evening. But, I get to see him tomorrow evening, and all Sunday, so I can't complain. School is nearly out.

Here is my boy:


Yes, there is love here.



The middle of the week, as usual, gave me nothing important but school, and I feel like that is an awful thing to bore you with. Yesterday, though, was amazing. It was the start of Spring Jam '10, where various musicians and comedians and such come to the U and have a blast.

And yesterday, Earth Day, the opening band happened to be Cloud Cult.

I booked it over the bridge about a half hour before the concert started, to sit outside on the front lawn of Coffman with the hippies, to get free stuff, sign a petition against coal, and take in the general merriment. Once Cloud cult got on the stage set up by the wall on the lawn in front of Coffman, my jeans began to vibrate, and bass reverberated throughout the land. It was magical.

Unfortunately, I had to go to French class about 20 minutes into the concert, because I have a pact with myself that, unless there is a dire reason, I will not miss a single class this semester.

Needless to say, I was late, since I suddenly remembered we were meeting in a totally different building than usual, and I didn't time things right. Meh. I sadly zoomed away from those great sights and sounds, and gallumphed over to Jones Hall, listening to the soundwaves hurtle over the entire campus.

It was sad.

I came back about fifteen minutes after the concert ended, meandered around one of the live painter's art galleries (He's AMAZING), and got in the short line for the lead singer's autograph, only to have the line cut off about 6 people in front of me by a tech guy I swear I know from Christ Presbyterian Church. I was a bit bummed, and consoled myself with some free cotton candy, and eventually took the bus back to West Bank. I promptly marched over to the maps library to get my mind off my failure, and swiped three nice, free maps of Copenhagen, a park in Africa, and Tel Aviv. Placated.

So, there's that. It was a good day.

And today will be good, once I get registered for classes. I should head back.


Piece.


Song of the Day:

Drop the Other by Emika

0 comments:

Post a Comment