The weather is just prime right now. Just prime. I was just sitting around in my dorm room after French class, and decided around 4:45 that is was time to get out and get happy. So, I weighed my options, and decided that the best course of action would be to pack my bag, go downstairs and grab a sandwich and some cereal, and mosey my way on over to the East Bank for some quality time with the sun and my French homework.
I chomped upon a lil' ice cream cone as I strolled across the bridge. There is barely a swatch of grass without a soccer game on it. And the patches without soccer contain frisbee matches, hippies playing guitar, a group of frat guys hugging their buddies, a guy putting on pants (over his basketball shorts, mind you) potential lovers talking about homework and pizza, and other common human paraphernalia.
I was worried when the girl put 6000 onions on my sandwich that I would be dying. Nope. This tastes real good.
This is my favorite time of day. The sun is at the perfect angle to still keep you warm, but it sheds this magnificent golden light on everything. Except right now, because some rogue clouds thought it would be funny to mosey in front of the sun. Jerks.
No offense to anyone, but inquisitive Chinese sentences sound hilarious when yelled from a distance. Perhaps English sounds weird, too, but how would I know?
Can you tell that when I'm in a visually stimulating place, that my thoughts basically have no linkage between them whatsoever? If you have a problem with rabbit trails, you had best stop reading this.
BLARGH! This is an old bearded guy sitting on the fifth-floor balcony of Coffman, watching all of us here in the grass. Not going to lie, that startled me pretty bad.
Another bearded old guy wearing burnt orange is biking along the sidewalk, with two heavy paper grocery bags on his bike handles. Precarious.
Ahh, the Sun has returned, and with it's friend Wind. Very good.
Whoa, the lawn I am on is nearly deserted, now. The hippies are still here, though.
I think I might head inside soon. Wind is overpowering Sun. And since I have to deal with paper, this would be a good idea.
Mosey time.
Sounds of the Moment:
Bus...bus...bus...
That guy over there, coughing.
Someone fake screaming
Me, sneezing.
A language I don't know.
BIRDS.
Feet of girl, running.
...cicada?...baby chainsaw?
That car.
Friends greeting.
Airplane hustling.
Bike clicking.
Brakes squealing.
Bus driver chiding.
Beepbeepbeep bus cards.
"Ha ha, ha ha" behind me.
Velcro operating.
Bliss.
0 comments:
Post a Comment