Monday, April 19, 2010

Catsupping Up.

Been a while. Of course.

Let me begin with this: Minnesota is currently beautiful. Absolutely.

I basked unabashedly in the sun on Tuesday. After acquiring a blackberry lemonade, I strolled down behind Coffman onto the East River Flats, and parked myself on a bench to journal and have a discussion with God about ants and sticks and sun. I didn't even feel like I was in Minneapolis, there by the river and woods. After a good forty-five minutes, I strolled up to the bus stop, humming the lullaby from Pan's Labyrinth, which I was watching throughout the day, and adore. If you have no seen it/heard this tune, I suggest you do both.It puts me in my happy fairy tale place, which is rare indeed, and hauntingly beautiful.

Creepy little pretty thing, it is.


At the bus stop, I sat and watched the world go by. Buses rolling by, cop cars gathering up Washington, people everywhere.

Then, when the 16 rolled up, a man came blasting down the stairs, roaring at the top of his lungs "HOLD THAT BUS! HOLD THAT BUS!" I assumed that poor dude was late for something, but as he climbed on the bus, for some reason the bus driver wouldn't let him on. He stepped on, swore, and as he did, a cop car pulled up behind the bus, and two officers bolted out, saw him, and exclaimed "Up the stairs!", which is where he was running at this point. I watched them chase him up there, and then they disappeared. Later, I decided to ditch my bus and walk, and noticed that it looked like they'd caught him behind Kolthoff and Smith halls.Ta da.

So, I strolled away, and almost got run over in the mall by Goldie Gopher on his U of M Segway. What?

Seriously, my day felt like some giant trip at this point


The rest of the week had it's ups and downs. On Thursday night, my drawing class sat in the mall for four hours, first drawing buildings as the sun went down, and then parking ourselves there until ten at night to do a white charcoal drawing on black paper. It was fun, but my eyes hurt the next day. Bleh.

Saturday consisted of business, like early morning art, MOA, and a 3.5 hour opera with Abby Zilka and the rest of the gang here. "Die Zauberflote" or, "The Magic Flute" is probably one of the silliest things I have ever seen, in a good way. Mozart just had a funny way of telling stories. The audience laughed at places I don't this we were supposed to, but the English translation from the German was sometimes so undramatic, it was funny. I hadn't really been to an official opera before, so this was pretty sweet.


And yesterday, I went to the last CB Productions show that my sister would be in in high school. It was grood. Very grood.



And now, today, is the 19th of April. Do you have any idea what this means?



WE GET TO MEET LINUS FOR THE FIRST TIME TODAAAAAAAY!!!!



I'm getting picked up after French to go to the airport and pick up our little Alaskan Malamute puppy, who is flying in from Ohio. Um....EXCITED.

And bewildered. It's almost unbelievable.





So, I should go, now that I have caught myself up....again.



The next time I write, I will be a lovestruck mess :)


Audios.





Songs of the week:


Long, Long Time Ago
from Pan's Labyrinth

Hafsol
by Sigur Rós

Hljómalind by
Sigur Rós

Grow Till Tall
by Jónsi

0 comments:

Post a Comment