Monday, November 30, 2009

Imagine Yourself In Mocha!

Here I am, back from a nice break in my routine known as Thanksgiving. I'll admit, it's tricky transitioning from school, to home, to 12 hours in the car, to a couple days at Grandmas, back in the car, back home, and them back at school, all within the space of less than a week. Hence, not a lot gets done. Therefore, I have been panicking a lot. But today was different. Today I felt much more at peace about it all, and I hope that will stay. I think the light at the end of the tunnel is showing up now. Maybe.

Going to my Grandma's in the middle of Missouri is funny to me. My family is funny to me. I like them. When my aunt and uncle first arrived on Thanksgiving to the house, the very first thing that we all deeply conversed about was mattresses. Story of my life.

I won't go into too much detail about that visit, but I guess one of the highlights of the trip was Carla's and my visit into the center of this old midwestern town to do some shopping and homework. See, my dad grew up there in Union, MO, and we drove past both of the houses he spent his pre-college life in. My grandma still lives within a mile of these two places, and I don't know how she does it. I can't cope with that type of nostalgia. If I'm not going to live in a house ever again, I want to move far, far away, so that memories don't haunt me. That's what has happened here at school a lot, with my past theatre experience in St. Paul. Not an easy thing to adapt to.
Anyway, the center of town has barely cha...



(I guess I never finished this one....)

0 comments:

Post a Comment