Thursday, November 5, 2009

"If there are a lot of questions you might want to just shoot at me."

Today is giving me weird stuff.

First off, I went to be at 4 AM after working on this drafting project that got kinda messed up. That's always nice. But most of my yesterday was good in the sense that I spend it with various cool people.

Anyway, so, today. Ha.

My class at 8:30 AM usually begins with a boring lecture, right? Right.

But today, they brought in some visiting people from and interior design school the U is affiliated with in Denmark, smack in the center of Copenhagen.

It was probably the funniest thing I have ever seen.

I say this, because, there were to people visiting: a lady and this guy. The lady was probably in her mid 50s or so, methinks. Ha, but the guy was this dashing Danish dude, who just radiated Europeaness in every way. I tried not to laugh as I felt this room full of girls (and one gay guy) tense up and get all giggly and whispery to each other. Can we say grade school? I wanted to barf at their antics. Yes, There was no denying he was a good looking Scandinavian fellow, but let me tell you, things like this make me want to barf.


Speaking of which, it smelled like barf outside my dorm building today. And I think I saw why.


Anyway, so this handsome Danish guy goes on to talk about the program in Denmark and all, and his English is pretty good, but his usage of syntax is not quite up to par yet. Hence the title of this entry.

The whole thing just made me laugh.


Europeans seem to be amazingly up to date about how to wear scarves. When we get a new scarf-wearing style, it's already been in and out of Europe. The guy was wearing a scarf tied in a really funny way, and honesty, most the time I was half listening, and half trying to figure out how he tied his scarf. I think I will try and attempt it when I get back to my dorm.

Oh, busy weekend! It's a'comin'! I just hope I can carve out more time this round of drafting. Shmeh. Such a sad existence.

As I sit here in the foodery area, drinking my green tea, there are many interesting things to observe. Subway workers belly laughing. A man that looks like the Native American dude in Free Willy. A five o'clock shadow man fumbling and pondering over some sort of food wrapper. A woman lying to her friend on the phone, saying that she is "headed up there right now", when she is really just sitting in a bench peeling and orange.

She sits upon a booth of lies.


I think they cut my sandwich longer today. I am very full.


Well, I should be off. Last class. Then crash. I am determined to make tonight good.


Alright. Peas haute.

0 comments:

Post a Comment