I can carry a venti sized Starbucks and a sandwich in one hand, and suspend my entire body weight plus the weight of a backpack in the other. This occurred about 10 minutes ago, when I rode across the bridge on a campus bus, and had to hang on to one of those rubber loops dangling from the ceiling for balance. My right hand the gripping one, is now killing me, and I have to type a paper. Ouch.
So why am I typing here? Probably because my will to procrastinate dominates my concern for my phalanges. There.
Today is and was and will be a killer. Actually, make that this week. But I'll refrain from that description.
Yesterday, on the other hand, was a good one. It involved a church excursion with Lucie, which I highly enjoyed. I like big churches, and I like Bethlehem Baptist. It was good. We bussed over there, and walked the way back. On that journey, we sidetracked to a hole-in-the-wall comic store, where I bought two lil' old book from the 70s using my two remaining gold dollar coins. A buck each, man. Can't get too much better than that.
The comics are of Howard the Duck (who seems to be the superhero version of Donald Duck), and a double feature book with both Captain America and Ironman comics. Huz-zah.
Then, after a nice lil' time there, it was off to a yarn shop, and then back to the dorm.
Yesterday was also collect-awesome-leaves day, I think. Because that's what we did. And I picked up a gigantic golden maple leaf today, too, for the record.
The next section of the Lucie and Heather Excursion Day involved pressing leaves in fashion tomes, lugging out whoppin' huge backpacks over toe Hard Times and eating some darn good kissadillas, and meandering over to The Cube for some hard core studying. This hard-core bit was thrown off by the surprise arrival of my mom and sister, who brought me pretzels and love. It was quite a nice deal.
And that sorta ended the amazing stretch of day. The rest was spent studying the usual crap college students study.
Today. Now, today is the epitome of a crappy college student day. Wake up extra early. Study for a midterm in two hours. Take said midterm. Return to dorm to write paper. Go to discussion. Advisor appointment. Write paper. Paint things. Draft things. Practice bass.
All that jazz.
My life really is average.
We'll figgur it out.
I should depart. My Starbucks is gone, and my paper is screaming.
0 comments:
Post a Comment