There are so many things to catch up on. Tales to tell, friend. Tales a'many.
First off, the week right after my last post had nothing exciting in it to speak of. All I even remember was just a lump of stress oozing it's way around behind me like a creepy leech. That weekend, though....ah. AH. That is another thing entirely.
See, my one of my bestest of chums, Bjones, came up for the weekend from River Falls. I will not fill you in on all of the random joy that took place that weekend, but here are a few of the highlights:
-Conversations ending at 3 AM. Or 4.
-Beth, while standing in the echo chamber in one of the outdoor plazas getting grabbed by the shoulders by a happy drunk (the Gophers had just won their last game of the season, and masses of people in Gopher garb were filing past) and he sang, at the top of his lungs in the echo chamber "Don't Cry For Me Argentinaaaaaa", finishing with a "shhhh...don't keep your distance," with Bjones singing along at that point. That made him really happy that she knew the song, and he skipped away like an intoxicated ADHD child. Whatever that was.
-Lucie, Bjones, and myself napping in Coffman
-A trip to Hard Times Cafe, which seems to happen pretty weekly now. Huzz-euahh.
-Late night homework parties
-OH--and, here's my personal glory moment. I walk the tunnel system around West Bank a lot, and there is a passage that is pretty white and concrete-y, nothing exciting. Well, there is a ventilation duct that runs along the ceiling, and every time I walked by it, I would notice the corner of an old newspaper or something sticking out over the edge. It was just out of my jumping range, so I told Beth and Lucie, and we went down there in the bowels of the West Bank, hoisted Lucie up, and retrieved this piece of paper.
It was this Catholic Mass Program from 1988. It's been up there for 21 years.
Pretty much the most awesome thing ever. My trophy.
The only downer of the weekend was that Rachel was gone a lot, and we all missed her person.
I apologize if this is pretty rambley. I have been itching to summarize this for over a week now, and just haven't gotten around to it. Busy all get out, y'know.
I feel like I'm forgetting some key points, but I can't even think what those are. Not that you really prolly care. That is just fine.
So, on to this week.
NEWS FLASH SPLASH BASH: I am officially not a design student anymore. Yes, I'm wrapping up my classes, but for next semester, I am officially and 'undecided' major until I get into the arts school. Yup. Art. I might end up later on minoring in some design stuff, to combine aesthetic qualities with function more, but interior is much to scientific and regulated for me to feel free in my thinking. So, it's soon to be gone. I'll admit, it's a bit sad, since I really kinda wanted to be a designer, but I realize that I'm just not cut out for that work. That's ok. I just have trouble adjusting to things. And I think I'm going to eventually, in my career, look into creating objects that can go into interiors -- art with function. Ah. Delish.
There you have it. News of the week.
Now on to my lil' list of observations that have stacked up over the past week or zillion.
The other day I was walking past the design building, and there were about 11 people or so at the bottom of the hill mangling their way through masses of huge branches from a tree they had just cut down. They were slowly shoving these said limbs into a creaky woodchipper, and I tried my best not to laugh out loud. I get a kick of of destructive machinery.
I also noticed that the Crispy Vegetarian Casserole was gone. This was a perfectly rectangular pile of leaves about 3 feet tall outside the student center, with the leaves appearing to be neatly laid on top of each other. I like that leaf construction. It vanished.
Last Sunday, while walking deeper in Minneapolis with Beth and Lucie to go to church, it slowly dawned on us that another football Sunday had arrived. We were very quickly integrated into the festering masses of purpley-clad humanoids, and trooped down the sidewalk past parking lot monitors waving flags, civilians selling tickets, and other game-related oddities. I honestly never attend such gatherings, so it was a very amusing experience.
The other day, I nearly died. Perhaps. This situation occurred as I walked into the design building, and crews were setting up some next exhibit in the Goldstein design gallery. There were these big 8 foot vinyl posters stretched across metal frames that they were unloading at the top of the stairs. I was climbing up the said staircase, and plotting how I would get through there on the way to an appointment, when I reached maybe the 3rd stair from the top. Right at that moment, a huge sign fell flat in from of me with a horrendous clash. If I have been so much as three feet farther forward...pancake brain'd. Yow. All the workers were so worried about me, and I informed them that, no, the banner did not physically make contact with my being. Phew.
About a week and a half back, I was riding the bus back from my 6 o' clock class, and as we reached busy Washington Ave., I looked out the window to see a backpacked guy running at absolute top speed down the sidewalk. The amusing bit was the fact that he was holding a pizza box out in front of him at about arms length, which just made the whole scenario a very bungling and awkward movie moment. Peter Parker, perhaps?
I dreamt about three times last night that I got my Visa stolen, and that my bank account had been drained down to $8.39 or so. It was very panic-inducing, not to mention disheartening.
I think I have more than that, but you can't tell everything I promise that the following posts will be shorter. I just had to make sure that I had adequately regurgitated information in this pixellated diary before I forgot it.
Thanks for putting up with the scatter.
Peas be with you, fellow childs.
OH, and I forgot. Here are the recent tunes that have caught my ears:
Songs of the Beth Weekend:
A Funeral Dressed As a Birthday by We are the Willows
Ocean by John Butler Trio
Hi by PSAPP
Songs of this Week:
Damaged Goods by Glint
Velvet by The Big Pink
0 comments:
Post a Comment