Friday, January 29, 2010

Return of this one.

Well, needless to say...I'm back.


Yeah, I know I haven't been on here for two months, and it's been driving me crazy.

But let me tell you--December was so stressful, that's all you would have heard about. All.

So, consider it a blessing that you have been spared from listening to the agony of freshman- vs. finals.

But, I will give you a brief synopsis of the goings-on since Nov.

Commencing:

Thanksgiving was interesting, as usual. You know you have an odd family, that when relatives you haven't seen in a full year step in the door, we all immediately strike up a detailed conversation on mattresses. Right.

All the transitioning during Thanksgiving for sure a pain. College, home, car, Grandma's, car, home, college. All in a few days. And with stressful homework to boot. Ah, I can't even tell you how glad I am that is all over.


Interior design is a thing of the past. Hallelu.


December involved LOTS of projects and laaaate nights, and a crabby person, being myself.

Oh my. That last week, I cannot even tell you how I counted down the hours until completion. It stunk, because I got done about 4 days before Christmas, so what would have normally been my Christmas-anticipation month was just Finals Month. Boo. So I had to cram all my Christmas joys into 4 days only. Meh.

Ahh, I was so giddy, storming out of McNeal Hall after that last final. Into the snow, with hot cider in one hand, projects in the other, and a stupid grin on my face. GLORIOUS.

Lucie and I celebrated by taking an evening nap in our very own homemade fort in the lounge.

Ahh, than packing up. I was just bursting with excitement. Going home to homemade food, family, my bed, my dog, everything. It was just a dream come true. I needed it so bad.

We got snowed in on Christmas, and that was just fine. We went to my grandparents house the next day instead, so I had Christmas two days in a row.

Break was great, and very much needed. Various things occurred, such as visiting the exhibit that was in town with 60ish pieces of art form the Louvre. When I heard Vermeer's The Astronomer was at the MIA, I almost died. And when I saw it, I almost wanted to slap this lady who nearly touched it. GRAH.

Honestly, I hate summarizing things, and I think that's' why I have put this off so long. It's irritating me now, because I have new things to say, and new things going on, and it just won't do to have all the old baggage lying about. So. That's that.


Here's something, though, that I am happy to divulge. The music I listened avidly to over the course of Dec. and Jan.


Canvas by Imogen Heap -- uncannily perfect for snowy nights. Watch this magic.


DotA (Club Remix) by Basshunter -- so simple and corny that it made for wonderful finals-slaughtering music

The entire Slumdog Millionaire soundtrack. Perfect for...anything.

Painless by Mae -- something about this fairly typical-sounding tune caught my attention over break

Sun Hands by Local Natives -- also another break theme song




Alright. So basically ends my synopsis. Now to the now.

0 comments:

Post a Comment