I am so much happier now.
So now, I'm in the College of Liberal Arts, versus the College of Design. And I like it. It's a breath of fresh air to not be confined in a scary box of stuff I don't really like, but am supposed to like. Bleh.
I still have to go the design building, though, for an Exploring Majors and Careers course. It's strange, yet wonderful, to not have to spend hours upon hours in that place anymore.
I'm also taking French this semester, which I like, although it's hard to keep up with. My professor is this little Tunisian lady with a cute accent, who is always dressed really nicely. I like her.
My Concepts in Visual Art class is definitely my least favorite. I love art for the process more than the product, sometimes, and in this class, when all we've talked about is " Is this art? Is this person an artist", etc. I just get ticked. There is no solid, singular answer to any of these subjective questions, and sometimes art people can be such airheads when they think they're so mysterious and their not. Bleh. don't get me started. I have a bone to pick with some people.
I like my drawing class a lot, although it does go from 6-10PM, but only once a week. My instructor is this sorta awkwardly bumbling character named Rowan, whom I think we all quite like. I like him, and his drawings are FANTASTIC. Here's the website where he and his twin brother post their art.
My leadership class is my ultimate favorite. You wouldn't think a leadership course would be much other than "these are the 19 easy steps you can take to be a successful leader." Well, this is anything but that. My professor, a conductor and prominent figure in the School of Music at the U, talks a lot about projecting energy, how your physical posture and such affects the body language translation people pick up on, etc. His first assignment to us was to see how close we could get to a person at an ATM before making them uncomfortable. I kinda though about doing it, but the idea made me so uncomfortable, I kinda skimped out on that part. He also asked us to try walking in the same way people do when they're late for class and slink in. Walk like you think you're invisible through a crowded hallways, he said, and I guarantee people wil bump into you.
He was right. I tried it. He then told up to walk as straight up as possible, with chest out and everything, and see what people did then -- part like the Red Sea. Again, it works. After doing that for a while, I've noticed people press themselves hard up against walls to get out of your way when you're all striding about.
I found a pair of aviator glasses in Target yesterday when Lucie and I took a trip downtown. They were just sitting in the pharmacy aisle, with no tags or anything, indicating someone had left them there. So, I decided that, when I looked good in the or not, aviators are a bit intimidating, and I walked around in them today with that big confident stride, and whhhazaah, people just swing out of your way.
It's super entertaining, watching humanity go by.
Agh, I haven't blogged in so long that I'm getting impatient with all info that wants to come out. I obviously can't, and won't tell you everything, but part of me really wants to remember so many things that I feel that I must write them all. But I won't.
So, that's that. I'm back where I left off. Free to tell you short blips about my observations, and whatnot. This feels super good.
Hi.
Songs of the Week:
Boy Lilikoi by Jónsi
The Sinner in Me by Depeche Mode
O Magnum Mysterium, a gorgeous choral piece my leadership prof. showed us, arranged by Morten Lauridsen.
0 comments:
Post a Comment