Sunday, February 21, 2010

Il y a du broillard.

Today was quite a day.

It was Saturday, which, if you ask any college student, there is nothing that can get much better then that.


I did a lot today.

Let me plop it on the table for yah:



First, I rolled out of bed at 10:40, and went to St. Martin's Table, a cute café across the street, to each sticky buns and tea. Mrrmmm.

Then, on to the yarn store tucked behind a fancy futon shop on Cedar Ave. Then, to visit some apartment we were looking at, but decided against, because it was a bit shady. Too bad. There are other options out there. We'll be fine, to quote Bjones.

Next, over to the lovely Axman Surplus Store to buy crap. That place is....golden. aaaaahahaha.

Then, Lucie and I took the bus over to Prospect Park, and sat at the foot of the Witch Hat water tower as the sun beamed down happily from the sky. I couldn't help but watch a man his happy dog playing together in the park, and a few emotions swirled around in me for a while. I will have that soon, I guess. Still...

So then, we made our way back to Middlebrook, with very very empty stomachs, and spent the rest of the evening eating, nearly napping, and homeworking. That's that.



Now, I was having a good day until about an hour ago. No, there were no groundbreaking events or anything that I was informed of, but the weird northern phenomenon called the Winter Blues hit. I even told Rachel this morning "I haven't had the winter blues yet! I wonder if they'll even come..."


Hah. Spite.


I've been enjoying our pre-spring meltyness lately, but it is still winter, and I have a feeling the snow craziness is not over. It's weird how the lack of green life disheartens humans. It's as if that distant love of Eden still creeps through us sometimes. That is nice to know, I suppose, that I innately love life forms. Ha.


So, of course, the winter blues take advantage of that, and strike.

And your brain begins to remind you of everything that bums you out, and all that.


I realized I will never have another holiday at my grandparents house, since they're moving, and it's a lot of work for them.
And that's disheartening. I grew up with that.


So many things are changing, and I don't like that one bit.


Going to look for a house today made me all too aware of my potential independence. And that scared me for a while, too.

I have begun to miss a lot of the people I used to see all the time. All the theatre and YEAH people. I have no idea when I will see some of them again.


And music. I miss playing it. It is so discouraging to have no one to play with. You have no idea. I got an itch to pull out my bass this week, but the itch came at such a time where I was in the middle of class, and that could not be done. Then I just get caught up in crap, and it doesn't happen. I hate that. I am determined it will happen this week.


And even though last semester was a trial I never, ever ever ever want to deal with again, I did have an academic drive that I am missing right now. It's pathetic.


And this is the first time I am missing the winter Olympics. Lucie and I even figured out we won't be able to see them again until we are seniors in college. Mrrh.

I miss green things. I miss grass,and the smell of sun-bleached things.And hearing birds.


And, to state the obvious, I miss my dog. I miss her a lot. And I can't even tell you how much it hurts. So I won't.



And I know that things are going to look up. Things are already planned that will make life better. But right now, I am wallowing. It's not surprising, and I'll eventually get over it. But I am tired, and things suck right now.



And this Sigur Rós music is not helping.



Good night.


0 comments:

Post a Comment