Monday, February 8, 2010

Bon weekend.

Greetings.

I sit here in Coffman Union, attempting to begin studying French, and downing some much-desired Starbucks. It's a good day.


My weekend was good-er, though. Mom came and visited on Friday, and I took her through our slushy campus, through the Knoll, up to Dinkytown, where we parked ourselves in a booth at Annie's Parlor, an old hamburger joint that my mom hit up as a child. I indulged myself in the first bit of meat I have eaten in the few weeks I have been here. School has basically turned me vegetarian without my noticing. I just will not touch dorm meat. Sorry. But this hamburger was a rare treat, and I downed my half with great joy, along with some tasty shmaysty fries. Mom insisted we split a malt, and wondered if we could make it a hot fudge banana one, since that's what she always ate as a kid. Mom consciously ordering something chocolate is as rare as hen's teeth, since it can give her massive migraines. But she informed me that, in times like these, sometimes it's worth the risk. She definitely downed her portion of the malt with great gumption. We then milled around campus some more, and I brought her back to my nice tidy dorm room, and made her Rachel's and my special Somalian tea recipe our friend Suad taught us. It is stellar. I'll tell you about it in bit.

My Starbucks is a bit watery today. Shmeh.

On Saturday, Carla came to stay overnight, and she and Lucie and myself employed our persons in washing dishes, coloring, and going to see Where the Wild Things Are. Carla and I had already seen it, and highly enjoyed it, and now Lucie can say the same. Much fun. When we got back tot he dorm, Lucie dished out some sad information: she does not know how to play chess. We decided that it was be in our best interest to construct our own chess set. I got out some board-making materials, and Sculpey clay for the pieces, and we went about creating this thing. Lucie now knows the basics pretty darn well, and I foresee many a
chess-playing night ahead.

Those are the main events of the weekend that I shall inform you of.

Now, the present.

0 comments:

Post a Comment