Friday, September 9, 2011

Sneezing Cat, and Other Things.

It's a beautiful day in the neighborhood, my friends. 










And for a number of reasons.


Number one: It's nice and sunny outside.


Number two: I just got 9 hours of sleep.


Number three: it's Friday.


Number four: breakfast.




and maybe there are other reasons, too. I don't know.




Life is good. I feel like I don't have the right to complain too much about anything, because, whatever. Everyone has got problems, and we don't always need to be dishing our crap on everybody else right and left. I will have you know one thing, though, that is most likely going to be appearing in future posts.


I went to my first French 4 class last night.


And fear...rabid, sickening fear, was instilled in my heart forever.


That's all.


Anyways, I thought I would share some of the delightful observations I have had the joy of experiencing  this week.


First off, I haven't worn my headphones for nearly two weeks, perhaps longer. For one thing, they aren't in the greatest condition, and I had to wrap them in tape to keep them from breaking quickly and getting covered in art supplies, so they're just kinda bleh. Also, at this time of year, there are SO many things to take in around campus that I don't even want to listen to anything else. Once winter comes, though, all you ever want to do is scrunch yourself into a warm coat and trudge through the snow listening to dubstep, or something, just to keep you going.


But not now. Not in this late summer weather.


Ha, so yesterday, I was standing at the bus stop a couple blocks from my apartment, and I heard what sounded like a trio of tubas practicing some five note riff in three different time signatures, right in the middle of the park, or something. After looking around, and hearing another girl point out the same thing, I realized it was coming from this sorta pathetic-looking wind chime sculpture at the edge of the park.


Tubas.


Basically, there are two propellors over the holes of this organ-esque fixture, and when the wind blows, they spin and shove air down the piping. It really sounds quite ridiculous, and as I drove away on the bus, I could still hear those five chaotic notes rattling around in my head. See? Look what I would have missed out on if I was wearing earbuds.


At another point in time during that day, I was walking through the mall in the middle of campus, and noticed bowling pins flying through the air. Well, they aren't actually bowling pins, I don't know what they're technically called, but I guess the juggling club was having a nice rendezvous in the sun. Mike Gould, the campus personality man, was hanging out with a guitarist friend, dressed in white and bleached hair, chatting with people and calling out things as usual. I watched one guy come up to his friend, give him a big bear hug and with him a happy birthday. Various people were handing out fliers, per usual, and bikers were trying not to die or make anyone else die as they navigated the crazy sidewalks.

Well, I just realized that I should go get some stuff done before class. Boo.

And the cat just sneezed. BLAM!

Alright, I leave you to listen to the sound of the cicadas revving their chainsaws, people singing to themselves, and all other audio observations that you may have without your headphones in :)

Audios.


Song of the Day:

Gimme Sympathy by Metric


0 comments:

Post a Comment