Saturday, September 10, 2011

Happy camper time.

Good morning, one and all.


I am in a blessedly grand mood right now, despite the mountain of homework towering over my head.


Why?


Well, guess what.


I got the job.


I got the job I have wanted since last December :)


I am now officially a literacy tutor through the organization America Reads, and I will be teaching at a local school with kids in K-6.




AAAAAAH.


Me. As a boy. At my computer. Right now.


I got my confirmation email late last night, which was funny, since I was so poop tired, so I was like...wait...what? OH. Yay. 

Kelly came in, we shared a fantastic look-at-the-elbow-high-five, a yell of celebration, and she told me a needed to blog about this. So here I am :)



And it's another beautiful morning. I'm alone the apartment, since Kelly went out to run errands before the opening football game today, and Harnar and Leslie went home for the weekend. It's nice, actually, to have a cat for company, and no people. I'm around people constantly at such a big school, even if I don't talk to them. Just being around people is sometimes exhausting. A little peace and quiet never hurt anybody.


Blurgh. I am super tired. It's been a long week. As I lay in bed last night, trying to fall asleep despite the stuff on my mind (new job on my mind/sheer exhaustion that keeps you from sleeping) I noticed more light than usual coming from the window next to my bed. I pulled up the shade a few inches, and there was the moon, staring me full in the face. And that's how I fell asleep, with my face bathed in moonlight, and a happy tune in my head. Perfection.


And today I work at good ol' Potbelly...for one of the last times. EEEEEEE. I get to turn in my letter of resignation today...which is actually a little scary, since I've never had to do that before. Get that. I've only worked at that company since I was 16. That's devotion, man. Not gonna lie. So, after 4.5 years....ta da.


I'd say it's about time. It's been a great place to work at, but I need to go. Besides, I just got a job that is directly, and I mean REALLY directly, related to my major. Too surreal, dude. Too surreal.




Well, I'mma gonna finish shoveling Frosted Mini Wheats into my head, crank up my Bon Iver, and write my letter of resignation.




!!!!!






Right.


Audios.






Songs of the Morning


Just Around the River Bend from Pocahontas (i don't get it. this song has been coming in and out of my head for the past week. and i haven't seen that movie in years....but i suppose it's fitting now)


Minnesota, WI by Bon Iver



0 comments:

Post a Comment