Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Of cats and change.

Well, here we go again. 




School began today.




Boo.


Me. As a boy.




I moved into my new apartment this last weekend, and it is the shiz. We have a balcony, tiles floors for easy cleanup and big rugs, and a cat. I cat, I tell you, that is currently lazing about on my bed in the evening sun, taking up as much space as he freakin' wants. (In other words, it's sort of my lovable bed bug. I can't seem to get him to not lay on it. It's his happy place)




Speak of the devil, he just scared the pants off of Harnar, myself, and himself, too. All of a sudden he just sat up, snorted and hissed, and his entire face just shot open in crazy fear. 


Cat dreams. Epic as all get-out, apparently.




So here I am now, eating jasmine rice and samosas at my desk, listening to the distant whistle from some soccer practice echo around the park across the street. Oh, and get this--our windows face south and west. WE CAN FINALLY RAISE PLANTS. Our old joint only faced northeast, so it sucked all the time.


So far in living here, I've walked a bajillion miles, eating indian food twice, watched Fantasia 2000, and How to Train Your Dragon, cuddled and harassed a cat, tried to squeeze my belongings in a stupid closet, and taking a nice nap on our giant pumpkin-orange velour couch. Well, other things wend down, too, but those are some personal accomplishments.


And now, to top it all off---school.




We'll see how that goes. Harnar and I each have a class at 9:05 on Tuesdays and Thursdays in the same hallway in the art building, so we left ourselves a bunch of time and walked to class this morning. It was so crisp and beautiful, just like when you hopped on the school bus for the first time each year in elementary school. Except this neighborhood is swarming, and literally SWARMING with cars, trucks, buses, and bikers. Us droves of pedestrians were glad for our superior right-of-way today. Yeeesh. Talk about feeling the full effect of a 55kish-person school. 


I attended ceramics and African Literature today, and I think both will be cool classes. Ceramics requires a ton of extra work, obviously, and I'm a little nervous about whether or not I'll pick up the skills quickly, but I'm hoping so. 3-D art is not my most natural field....


Whatevs. Anyways, enough about me.
Heh, but this is my blog, isn't it? It's always about me.




-.-


You get what I mean. Petty details. Who cares.








ONWARD.










Songs of the Last Week of Summer/First Day of School:




Sinking Friendships by Jónsi


Iron by Woodkid


Your Perfect Wilderness by Shadow Shadow Shade


Holocene by Bon Iver


Hafsól by Sigur Rós

0 comments:

Post a Comment