Tuesday, September 13, 2011
In my happy place.
Well, I'm back. Back in Espresso Royale, which I am slowly returning to. I shied away for a few months after I got ridiculously hit on here. Long story. Funny, but long. Ask me sometime if you want to hear it.
I don't have any more classes today, hallelujah. My ceramics experience is improving, though, after 5.5 hours of trial and error on Saturday, and 5 hours today (including 3 hours of class) I went from Sad Pots status to Mediocre Pots status. That's a decent jump, I'd say.
Oh, bless me ol' soul. They've been playing Andrew Bird's Armchair Apocrypha album here in the the coffee shop, and my favorite song Yawny at the Apocalypse just began wafting through the air and mingling with the scent of espresso. I am literally typing with my eyes closed as I take it in. Very few songs put me in such a place of rest as this one does. Oh happy day.
The sun is discovering its delightfully golden self, as dinnertime approaches the Midwest. I watch from my window seat as Dinkytown foot traffic moseys on by. The amount of people passing through Dinkytown is extraordinary this year, due to the construction around the school. Bikers fly by in massive fleets, vehicles carve a narrow path through the melee, and buses command the scene with their rumbly caterpillar bodies. And then there are the pedestrians, who stumble and rush about with their backpacks and messenger bags, tapping away on those accursed iPhones and whatnot. I have genuinely begin to loathe smart phones. Well, not really, but I really dislike how people are so focused on those things that the world around them can't get a word in edgewise. I'm not saying this of all smartphoners, but I've bumped into a few on the bus and places, and I just want to snatch it out of their hands and shove it in their bag and tell them to PAY ATTENTION, THE WORLD IS FLYING BY IN FRONT OF YOUR EYES AND YOU'RE MISSING IT.
And, God save me. I'm pretty sure the old guy who hit on me last time is here.
Please oh please oh please DO NOT SPEAK TO ME. The end.
Rachel is supposed to meet me here soon. Hurry, Rach. Save me.
I'm putting the ol' headphones in, just to help the cause.
Well, I'm just going to ignore the fact that I'm now very tense again. The Andrew Bird Effect is wearing off. Boo.
On a lighter and less-intense note--I saw a guy with a very tall head today. Not a big head, just a tall head. I wasn't sure if it was his hair at first, but no. His head was really that tall.
Ugh, I'm so distracted now. Meh. Stupid. I think I'll listen to some Sufjan or something to get myself back on normal-people level.
Right. I think I'll start my homework now.
Audios.

0 comments:
Post a Comment