Saturday, September 22, 2012

Return of past-glancing.

Hoh, lerdy lerd, have I been neglecting this place. 

I had a revelation some time ago that it is very much a part of me to observe and share observations I have on life, and I realize the best place for me to do that would be here.

I'm back. I promise.


And I'm a senior in college.

Do you have any idea how much that has been weirding me out lately? See, if you ere to go far, far back into this blog to me melancholy freshman year posts, you would quickly begin to realize that I am a highly nostalgic person, sometimes to the pathetic extreme. Well, I am pleased to say that both the pathetic and extreme elements of my nostalgia have been pretty well let go, but in their place, I have realized that I've been squelching any sort of emotion in that arena. Life has flown past me at such an alarming and reasonably repetitive rate the past few years that I have not had the desire to capture it.

Until now. Until a time when change is on the horizon, and I'm not sure what to do with myself. Emotionally, that is.

I haven't felt this nostalgic in months, really. Many months. And, hey, that's okay, seeing that I've let it consume me before, but I have felt that I have stifled some part of myself that is very key to who I am. The part that reflects and remembers and captures the moment. 

I've been starting to contemplate how I'd be able to capture that in my art, which would be marvellous, but I haven't gotten that far yet...

Anyways, what I am trying to say is that I am not going to let myself feel guilty for not writing on here just because I used to a lot and then I quit. I realize that I quit for reasons that are still a little baffling to me, but it had become clear that it is healthy for me to take this time to slow down and process the world around me before I forget it.

There. Guilt-free. I think. :)


0 comments:

Post a Comment