There is something I so greatly cherish about the sorts of days where I can dress reasonably put-togetherly, hop in my car with all my schoolbooks and computer and whatnot, and just run errands for as long as my little heart so desires until the motivation for homework finally sets in.
In my adventures today, I included a trip to the bank, which is always very droll and whatever. But I saw an elderly woman wearing Sperry's, and that made my day. No good reason, really. I just generally associate that particular brand with several people my age, and so it stuck out to me, and made me smile.
The trees around the city are on their way to absolute loveliness. I made sure to drive around with my sunglasses on, for protection, and for color0enhancement. They have a nice warm tint to them, and never fail to make the leaves seem a bajillion times brighter than they may be. Nothing like self-disillusionment to make ya happy.
Oh! And I nearly forgot! I went to see Ben Howard in concert with Bjones last night at the Varsity theatre! Ha, beforehand, Jones locked her keys in her car, so we had to wait for almost 2 hours for the dude to get there to get them out. Stupid. But we made it to the concert before the second opening band was done, so all was well. It was a grand ol' time, save the noisy girls behind us. Unless you're a musician, it's hard to fully communicate the value of a listening room. When crowds get bigger, they just get louder, and that can get a little tiring. But nonetheless, it was a great break from reality, and I got to see a bunch of people I knew, and it was wonderous.
![]() |
| A nice in-motion shot, courtesy of my friend Kaia Olsen, who was in front of us. |
Alright, enough with the dawdling. I need to start reading.
Songs of the Day:
Farewell (In 3 Parts) by Husky (this seems to keep popping up)
Chicago (Acoustic) by Sufjan Stevens (this, too)
Black Flies by Ben Howard (of course)

0 comments:
Post a Comment