Sunday, January 8, 2012
Post-Yuletide.
Well, I haven't obviously been on here for a while. actually started a post the other night, but haven't posted it yet, since I was t a rather dark and introspective mood, and wasn't sure that you all wanted to really hear about that. So it's not like I haven't tried.
I was mulling over our winter break so far with my sister today. It has not really gone as we had planned, but surprisingly, for idealists such as us, that hasn't been upsetting. I know I've said this a bunch of times, but lack of snow really does something for the Christmas spirit, so I just kind of let that slide this year, since I couldn't do anything about the weather. And I'm okay with that. In fact, it'll make going back into the school routine easier.
Anyways, I'm not sure what you all wish to hear form me right now. I'm afraid my life hasn't been very interesting as of late. I mean, I've enjoyed it, but most of my activities have been very introverted. Reading, drawing, cleaning, writing letters, all that stuff I don't really make time for while at school. I think everyone needs that sometimes.
I guess one thing that's been weighing on me is the condition of my hands. It's a rather miserable feeling knowing that a crucial part of your body is slowly deteriorating. Morbid, sure. But some days that's how it feels. I had a gig the other night, so my body is always a little worse for wear the day after (aka hand/wrist tension and major blisters. ow.)But the carpal business has kept itself to a dull throb most days, but some days it's unbearable. So I'm trying to avoid lots of repetitive motions, such as computer work. Just short increments.
You know, I think I will put up that half-written post. Because it really documents my Adventures in Introversion, if you will. (high-five if you know what I'm referencing).
Yeah. I'll do that. mind you, It's not finished, but just use your imagination. It's not too hard ;)
Oi. As I sat here at my desk, I suddenly noticed something white creeping across my keyboard, and it spooked me for a second. Then I realized it was the smoke form the tea light that just burnt itself out. Nice.
Oh! And my sibling lent me a wonderful book this week that really really feels like where I'm at in life right now--Searching For God Know's What by Donald Miller. Who, as you may know, is one of my favorite authors of all time. I'll let you know how that pans out.
Audios, then.
Songs of the Week:
We Bought a Zoo Soundtrack by Jónsi (YAY!)
Love You All by Cloud Cult (you can never fail to feel warm and fuzzy inside after listening to this one)
High Priestess (CFCF Remix) by Active Child

0 comments:
Post a Comment