Thursday, November 24, 2011

Thanksgiving bliss.




I'm sitting on my favorite perch in my living room. At home.

And life is good.

Here some of the things going on in my house that make my life lovely, in no particular order:



-I have a virtually homeworkless weekend, which is unheard of. 

-I am at home

-My sister is home.

-I ate homemade soup with my family for dinner.

-Carla and I stayed up late eating popcorn and drinking tea in the cozy dark family room while listening 
to a Henry Manchini vinyl on the record player

-I got to sleep in my own bed last night.

-We're hosting Thanksgiving dinner, which means everyone will be here in about an hour. 

-The giant turkey in the oven permeates the house with its savory smell.

-I am wearing my favorite orange scarf. 

-And drinking coffee out of my favorite mug 

-The Finding Neverland soundtrack is on repeat in the kitchen

-Linus is curled up in the entryway, all snug like a bug in a rug

-My dad is doing yard work and making things nice outside-

-My mom is going about in her cute blue apron with a white goose on it.

-Aunt Cathy is bringing over my favorite Thanksgiving corn dish today

-It's beautiful and brown outside over the marshland

-I saw a red hawk today

-And dreamt of going thrift store shopping while scuba diving last night

-When I walked into my bedroom yesterday, there were four bags of M&Ms on my desk. They were gone by this morning...

-Mom and I ate eggs on toast for lunch today

-The dining room table is all decked out with a cornucopia filled with indian corn

-PIES PIES PIES PIES PIES

-We have all the Thanksgiving decorations out

-Wine with dinner!

-My house has carpet everywhere! I miss carpet. My apartment is mostly tile.

-I played piano for a long time this morning.

-And I am about to go walking in the woods with my sister and dog before everyone gets here.


Songs of the Day:


Great Pumpkin Waltz  by Vince Guaraldi


Thanksgiving Moon  by DM Stith








Oh. And I survived getting electrocuted the other day. That's always a good thing.

0 comments:

Post a Comment