Friday, July 15, 2011

Wake up after the end.

I woke up today to the most beautiful noise--a giant roar on thunder tearing across the sky. And it didn't stop there. Soon, every few minutes it sounded like someone shot a cannonball through one of Heaven's cookie sheets. And then the rain. Although it is a very dark morning, the rain was so dense it was virtually white outside. 


As I sit here now, I believe it is tapering off a bit, but it is still dark, the rain is coming down, and the thunder still mutters between the clouds.


And you know what else makes this moment perfect?




1. Not having to be anywhere today


2. Hot coffee


3. No lights on but my candle


4.  And that I saw the final Harry Potter showing at midnight last night, and so that is still rolling through my head.


Day After End by Apofiss




Good stuff, that. I did not grow up reading the books, and never saw the movies until number 6 came out. So I can't say it felt like my childhood died last night, like so many probably felt. But a good story did end. And the beauty of movies these days is that you can always relive the adventure. The same can always and forever be said about books, too.


Perhaps to the movie was/wasn't all the diehard readers were hoping for, I don't know. But for me, it was magical, because, having never read the books, I didn't really know how it ended. Sure, I'd heard bits and pieces of things, but never knew quite what happened to some major characters or whatever. And being a visual person, well, it really was a treat.




So, yes. I won't say much more about that, because there really isn't much more to discuss. All it is is that that I got to go into the midnight premiere of the last movie of the biggest franchise in history, enjoyed it, ate Turkish Delight in the movie theatre (bought it myself beforehand), and god to curl up in my own bed that night, feeling like I witnessed something good, and then got to sleep in. And wake up to storms.




Yeah. Be envious.




I will leave you with a list of some of the more during- storm-worthy songs I know.


*Take note that they're all by Scandinavian artists...haha






Peace.
And good bye, Harry Potter. But then again, we were never much more than acquaintances ;) 




And as far as any heartbreak goes, I've got it lucky, in that respect.










Storm Songs:









Kolniður by Jónsi

The Mash and the Fury by Trentemøller

Moan by Trentemøller




0 comments:

Post a Comment